Reversed Judgement

sadmermaid

Hello!

So I've been going through a very rough, on-and-off relationship situation for the past year or so.. I've done a number of readings about this and the card that keeps popping up again and again is Judgement Reversed. Specifically, Judgement Reversed was my "future of the relationship" card back in December.. "external influences" (on myself, specifically) over a month later.. and a number of other instances, but always in the future position. Interestingly, I did a New Year's reading on new year's day and my card for the month of April was Reversed Judgement.

I feel as if this card is pointing out my reluctance to let go of this person. Normally, Judgement can be a card of change and new beginnings.. but reversed, I'm resisting this change, holding on too tightly and restraining myself.. it is very reflective of what I'm going through, really. Now, a tarot "expert" friend of mine advises that because this card is always in the future position, it could signify an actual event, a Reversed Judgement of sorts in my life regarding this relationship. Perhaps this climax will happen in the month of April (which is coming up very very soon!)

What do you guys think of this? Is this too literal of an interpretation? Reversed Judgement has a lot of advice to give and I feel like I'm not quite seeing the forest for the trees. Any advice you have is greatly, greatly appreciated. :)

Teheuti

Some possibilities:
Bad judgement, poor decision-making. Stuckness or delays. Missing or refusing to hear a "call" or to pay attention to important information - sticking your head in the sand. Feeling alienated from others. A judgment going against you. It can also be a card of illness. Or a heightened concern with earth changes, over-population, etc.

Let us know what happens.

Grizabella

You could say of this card that it refers to someone who "just doesn't get it" about some situation. Like a woman breaking up with a man and he just can't seem to grasp that it's really over. That it's really not a good relationship, it's toxic.

starrystarrynight

Judgment, rx, would say to me that you continue to feel the relationship ended too soon, and this is preventing you from finding the closure (World) you probably should be seeking. Upright, Judgment is sometimes seen as the Eureka! or Aha! card...so reversed, maybe it is trying to tell you that something is preventing )and continues to prevent) you from understanding why the relationship is over or why it will likely never rekindle for you in the way you want it too. So, it may be advising you to work at discovering why the guy has such a hold on you and what you can do to eliminate that hold so that you can move on to ending the cycle with the energy of the World.

danieljuk

Welcome to the forum sadmermaid :thumbsup:

in the upright version of the RWS version of this card, we see an angel blowing a trumpet and men, women and children are raising from their graves towards the angel ready to be judged. They are being called into action and reawakening. However this is the reversed version of the card and it might be suggesting that it's time to let something go, let it be buried because it's not working out too well for you. It is a reluctance to let it go but if you don't let it go, you have a whole load of baggage in your life which is not really working out. The card both upright and reversed is such a big decision, it's a final judgement, do it or don't and it's something you have to work out for yourself but I think it's important to think why you are not burying this relationship? Is it fear of change? fear of being alone? This card reversed has a big message to me and that is you have to make a decision to change your life, bury what is heavy baggage in your life and move on to new things that enter it :) Weigh everything up and think it all over.

Venusian

Hi SadMermaid! :)

Judgment reversed can also be about regrets as well. Regretting a bad decision, regretting the situation, or regretting something that lead up to the situation.

For the month of April maybe this is saying that you will finally set yourself free! :)

sadmermaid

Thank you all for your wonderful insights! I didn't expect so much great advice. :)

Some possibilities:
Bad judgement, poor decision-making. Stuckness or delays. Missing or refusing to hear a "call" or to pay attention to important information - sticking your head in the sand. Feeling alienated from others. A judgment going against you. It can also be a card of illness. Or a heightened concern with earth changes, over-population, etc.

Let us know what happens.

Thank you, I believe this to be very accurate, especially in regards of bad judgement, feeling "stuck".. I really haven't been able to escape this situation even though it's been going on for a long time.

You could say of this card that it refers to someone who "just doesn't get it" about some situation. Like a woman breaking up with a man and he just can't seem to grasp that it's really over. That it's really not a good relationship, it's toxic.

This is interesting, I wonder if this person is me, or him, or both..? We haven't talked to each other and we haven't since January. But even though I'm not acting on them, the feelings are still there... Thank you.

Judgment, rx, would say to me that you continue to feel the relationship ended too soon, and this is preventing you from finding the closure (World) you probably should be seeking. Upright, Judgment is sometimes seen as the Eureka! or Aha! card...so reversed, maybe it is trying to tell you that something is preventing )and continues to prevent) you from understanding why the relationship is over or why it will likely never rekindle for you in the way you want it too. So, it may be advising you to work at discovering why the guy has such a hold on you and what you can do to eliminate that hold so that you can move on to ending the cycle with the energy of the World.

This is a great interpretation and I completely agree. The funny thing is, for the past months I have been trying my hardest to get over this, to let go... and I haven't been able to, not even a little bit, since our last conversation in January. I'm doing everything right, no contact, blocked on social media, etc etc... I wish I knew what the "secret" was to moving on. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum sadmermaid :thumbsup:

in the upright version of the RWS version of this card, we see an angel blowing a trumpet and men, women and children are raising from their graves towards the angel ready to be judged. They are being called into action and reawakening. However this is the reversed version of the card and it might be suggesting that it's time to let something go, let it be buried because it's not working out too well for you. It is a reluctance to let it go but if you don't let it go, you have a whole load of baggage in your life which is not really working out. The card both upright and reversed is such a big decision, it's a final judgement, do it or don't and it's something you have to work out for yourself but I think it's important to think why you are not burying this relationship? Is it fear of change? fear of being alone? This card reversed has a big message to me and that is you have to make a decision to change your life, bury what is heavy baggage in your life and move on to new things that enter it :) Weigh everything up and think it all over.

Thank you very much! :) This is all great advice from the card. I do feel like I need to make a decision and that I need to keep Reversed Judgement's warnings in mind as I think about it..

Hi SadMermaid! :)

Judgment reversed can also be about regrets as well. Regretting a bad decision, regretting the situation, or regretting something that lead up to the situation.

For the month of April maybe this is saying that you will finally set yourself free! :)

Well, there's certainly a lot of regrets regarding this relationship. I wish it could have all been different. But, it wasn't meant to happen that way.. thank you, I sincerely hope April will bring about some kind of change for me. :)

Enlightenment23

Love this thread because Judgment is just one of those cards that aren't easily decipherable at face value.

In my novice experience, Judgment Rx meant an inability to let go of baggage, being inflexible to change, or judging yourself to harsh -- being your own worst critic.

sadmermaid

Love this thread because Judgment is just one of those cards that aren't easily decipherable at face value.

In my novice experience, Judgment Rx meant an inability to let go of baggage, being inflexible to change, or judging yourself to harsh -- being your own worst critic.

Thank you for your input! Sorry I didn't respond sooner; I didn't see your reply for some reason. All of the descriptions you gave can easily apply to my scenario.

Just as an update, I haven't done many readings in a while.. I felt like doing one during the night of the full moon was a good idea. Lo and behold, in the "things yet to come" position.. Reversed Judgement. It was unbelievable. I think this is the 6th time now I've seen this card, reversed, in my personal spreads. At this point, I think it is referring to some kind of event, seeing as how it's always in the future position. I'm getting pretty concerned! What do you guys think?