Animals reacting to cards?

Shee

Yes!

My cat does this, not every time, but pretty often when doing cards. Sometimes she will run around meowing in a different tone or she'll come run up (I usually do them atop my bed), and lay down right on the spread. For the most part she lays down on them.. and she's intelligent enough to know she's not supposed to do that. Ha! I wasn't sure if it was her asking for attention or if she felt the energy shift in the room. Its not always the same reaction with her either..

Cocobird55

Joey -- Jardine's parrot -- chews them every chance he gets. I am very careful to keep him away from them.

EvMaeve

Hmmm, another thing to consider is cats tend to love paper. I swear some react to it like it's catnip. If this is an unfriendly cat who's not tuned into you, she may be a paper fiend, or doing it because she knows it will annoy you. I've lived with many cats over the years, and I've noticed some love to come and sit in the middle of the cards (usually also the ones who love to sit on anything else paper), and some are disinterested.

That said, I have a cat at the moment who never fails to knock on my door when I'm doing a reading or any other kind of energetic work, and I've noticed she only sits on my cards when I'm reading casually for myself. If I'm doing work for someone else, she sits behind me quietly and chills out. One time I did a reading for myself with results that stressed me out, and she hopped over, tromped back and forth across the cards, scattering them, then jumped on my lap and started purring ferociously. That certainly felt like she was tuned in, but I think to my energy and not necessarily the cards.

gregory

This cat is black, too! I didn't want to mention it because it just seemed too silly. Maybe black cats tend to be more interested in spiritual vibes or whatever energy is emitted during readings...oooh.
Mine was black as well...

catcomeback

One time I did a reading for myself with results that stressed me out, and she hopped over, tromped back and forth across the cards, scattering them, then jumped on my lap and started purring ferociously. That certainly felt like she was tuned in, but I think to my energy and not necessarily the cards.
This is very much the vibe I get from this cat...I do something with Tarot cards prettymuch every time I'm there, but she only reacts to readings that made me feel a certain way. It may be that cats are drawn to strong emotions we feel during some readings as much or more than they're drawn to the cards themselves.

Mine was black as well...
No kidding! I'm starting to think there might be something to those witchy stereotypes after all...

inhalexhale

I'm not at all certain what the cause is, but my black cat does this kind of thing also! Whether it's because of energetic shift or just because it's something paper-y to lay on, I may never know, hahaha.

Larkspur

Hmm...my cat (also black!) frequently interrupts my readings by sitting at my feet and meowing, generally as a prelude to walking across/laying on the cards. She does love to lay on paper, as well.

That's an interesting idea about energy, though. My cat isn't usually a lap cat, preferring to lay at the foot of the bed or couch--but now that I think about it, just about the only time she wants to sit on my lap (or, if I'm slightly reclining, my chest--right in front of my face) is when I'm deeply focused on something creative and intuitive (usually writing). Then it's like I'm a magnet. Forget reading cards on my bed--she absolutely won't leave them alone.

I always assumed it was because she saw me concentrating so hard on something in front of me, and wanted to point out that she had soft, scritchy ears that could benefit from that kind of focused attention. ;) Your stories have made me wonder if there might actually be more to it.

faithnlight

Iam not sure how far its true but could there be s possibility that the cat senses something she obviously reacts to? Iam not a massive fan of cats ...if at all they only scare me...i know there are some very lovely friendly ones around too but since you mentioned "not" so friendly iam sensing she keeps you from being connected to those of higher frequencies who want to help you read....i could be completely wrong but thats how i feel ....things like she leapt only when you felt connected....

I have a reason for this mention. In my own experience i figured my aunty who had a puppy (very friendly and warm to anyone even outsiders) would keep barking at this one spot in the house and at occasions like full moon etc he just wont budge(as if protecting the house from someone/something) and often people mentioned there was something odd about that room....i personally felt too...

So in nutshell...not meaning evil but just plain notorious cat as opposed to this friendly dog who protects she wants to keep guides and good helping entities away...

It could be just me but this what i strongly felt :)
Love n light
Tanu

Tanga

This cat is black, too! I didn't want to mention it because it just seemed too silly. Maybe black cats tend to be more interested in spiritual vibes or whatever energy is emitted during readings...oooh.

:joke: :joke: :joke:

Cat's are strange contrary creatures sometimes. And, like most animals - they will respond to you and your feelings or aura. Different ones in different ways.
Many years ago I watched some experiments where a guy tried to determine what it was that made pets appear to be "psychic" about when their owners were returning home from work. In many cases they seemed to be working off some sort of "mind-reading" energetic connection with their owners, rather than the sound of the approaching car - or whatever.

I have a black cat. She will try to sit or play with anything I am engrossed in (Tarot, reading, working on the computer) because she thinks (imo) that this attention could most certainly be better lavished on her.

:)

I think the colour is a co-incidence - and has just been associated with more esoteric
or magical type things.

(note well - I am a neo-pagan. Wiccan to be precise - so I am a "modern witch" - I just happened to end up with the proverbial black cat. Lol. She was a rescue via one of my clients).

MaryHeather

The older of my two cats has made it a life goal to sleep on every single deck I own. If left unsupervised with a deck, she will bat them around into a "puddle" and curl up in the middle of them and go to sleep. She could care less about regular playing cards... except for the deck I do readings with.

Oddly enough, she's also the cat that HATES the sound of cards being riffled. Little furry weirdo.