Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 194 : April 18 - April 24

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Tarot of the Orishas
2. Madrigal - Ancestral Path Tarot
3. RiverRunsDeep - Ghost Tarot
4. SarahJoy - Tarot of the Absurd
5. jema - Alice in Wonderland Tarot
6. BodhiSeed - Prisma Visions Tarot & the Secret Language of Color Cards
7. Swedishfish612 - Dame Darcy's Deck & Messanger's Oracle
8. AJ - Philosopher's Stone

VGimlet

I am going to be using the Tarot of the Orishas this week.

One of those decks I became interested in after it was OOP. Glad it was re-printed so I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for it. I didn't like it over 100 dollars worth. :grin:

Madrigal

Another week with the fabulous Ancestral Path for me. I've so enjoyed my week with this deck.

I ordered what was advertised as the accompanying book and received another deck so I am still trying to track down a reasonably-priced copy of the book. I'd love to have some of the backstory to and context for these evocative cards.

RiverRunsDeep

Ghost Tarot again for me. I'm still doing some ancestor work with this deck.

SarahJoy

I don't have a particular deck I want to work with this week -- how 'bout y'all pick? I'll work with the first deck someone chooses from my profile.

ETA I'd prefer to skip the pips-y decks for now, until the book club gets to the TdM book.

jema

I don't have a particular deck I want to work with this week -- how 'bout y'all pick? I'll work with the first deck someone chooses from my profile.

ETA I'd prefer to skip the pips-y decks for now, until the book club gets to the TdM book.

I pick tarot of the absurd for you!

and for myself it is still Alice, also re-reading the book.

BodhiSeed

I'm going to use my Prisma Visions Tarot paired with the Secret Language of Color Cards.
Thanks for the new thread VG. :)

swedishfish612

Another week with Dame Darcy's deck for me. And I'm going to play with my new Messengers Oracle as well. Thanks!

AJ

Philosopher's Stone, thanks

Madrigal

Another week with Dame Darcy's deck for me. And I'm going to play with my new Messengers Oracle as well. Thanks!

Would love to hear any impressions you care to share about working with this deck.