Talking to sprits?

bluelagune

Thank you. But have you ever read as advice from the passed relative. I know we read for a possible outcome but Im curious to see if the relative would actually say, not god for you or this family in long run?

I've never considered myself a "medium" but I've done a lot of readings for people on their dead relatives, & they've all been pretty strong readings so, who knows.

I always tell people, though, that it's iffy at best whether these readings are actually from the dead or if they're tapping into the beliefs of the questioner.

For example, the first time I ever read for the dead was for a friend of mine who wanted me to do a reading on her dead mother. The cards came up just really violent & hateful & vindictive & cruel. I told her it was kind of confusing me what I was seeing, & she insisted I just tell her straight up. She said it was right on target, as it turned out, her mother in life had been a terrible alcoholic schizophrenic child beater who used to beat her across the face with belt buckles. She took the reading to mean that she had NOT found peace in death & that she carried her chaotic nature beyond the grave. I told her, it could also be that this was how she remembered her.

What's interesting to me is that even though I've read for people with drastically different belief systems than my own, the readings invariably reflect the questioner or dead person's beliefs, not mine.

bluelagune

I read for a woman not long ago who wanted to know if her deceased husband was in peace. According to the cards, this guy's spirit was far from peace. She couldn't understand why but the cards were clearly saying his soul was in turmoil. I knew nothing of their history so this was not my reflection. She was shocked that he wasn't enjoying paradise somewhere, so the only possibility left was that this energy I was picking up was his.

Well I went out with this guy. The relationship didnt take off but not long after us meeting his dead mother shows up in my dreams. He tells me how everyone loved her and how everyone cared for her. Guess what I get: She is angry with her doughter in law and a few men who basically let her die during her cancer treatment because of dimonds. I had no idea how to hell him and when I found out he made jokes about me reading tarot, I didnt bother ... not my problem.

seven stars

Thank you. But have you ever read as advice from the passed relative. I know we read for a possible outcome but Im curious to see if the relative would actually say, not god for you or this family in long run?

Oh definitely. I've done a lot of these. People ask different things, so I do different spreads depending on what they're wanting to know.

The only one that's sticking out in my mind right now was a guy who had to have the life support pulled on his mom. More people seem to want to know about mom than anyone else, for some reason. He had several things he wanted to know & the cards came back with really interesting little things and advice for the son. It basically (& this is years ago recollection) said that she was at peace & it was all good & she was proud of him & did not blame him & she knew he'd done everything he could, and that he should not seek revenge, & acknowledged something about the fact that he'd sprinkled her ashes by this little garden she'd made by a pond. It was the Temperence card, & when he saw that card, he was the one who told me what it meant. She collected rocks from various places & kept them in this garden, & on the card there was an angel stepping one foot on the rock & one in the water with flowers blooming.

I never consider these things creepy. You have to remember what it is you're "doing" - for me personally, I'm not a freak show act. I'm not trying to pull a fast one or show off some magical skills. For me, I have people coming to me with questions, which I am completely unqualified to answer in any other way than with compassion, listening skills and these cards as a tool. I always have in mind that these people need help & try to give them any tiny bit of "help" I can for their particular circumstance. Sometimes it's tough love. But it's always a matter of perspective. I know this probably is not the way a lot of others read cards, but it's how I do.

bluelagune

Thank you for explaining this.

Oh definitely. I've done a lot of these. People ask different things, so I do different spreads depending on what they're wanting to know.

The only one that's sticking out in my mind right now was a guy who had to have the life support pulled on his mom. More people seem to want to know about mom than anyone else, for some reason. He had several things he wanted to know & the cards came back with really interesting little things and advice for the son. It basically (& this is years ago recollection) said that she was at peace & it was all good & she was proud of him & did not blame him & she knew he'd done everything he could, and that he should not seek revenge, & acknowledged something about the fact that he'd sprinkled her ashes by this little garden she'd made by a pond. It was the Temperence card, & when he saw that card, he was the one who told me what it meant. She collected rocks from various places & kept them in this garden, & on the card there was an angel stepping one foot on the rock & one in the water with flowers blooming.

I never consider these things creepy. You have to remember what it is you're "doing" - for me personally, I'm not a freak show act. I'm not trying to pull a fast one or show off some magical skills. For me, I have people coming to me with questions, which I am completely unqualified to answer in any other way than with compassion, listening skills and these cards as a tool. I always have in mind that these people need help & try to give them any tiny bit of "help" I can for their particular circumstance. Sometimes it's tough love. But it's always a matter of perspective. I know this probably is not the way a lot of others read cards, but it's how I do.

celticnoodle

Oh...word of advice....never tell a widow that her husband will come back to her as a cat.
:laugh:

I have had a reading - an oracle reading by a woman who is also a psychic -medium. It was after the death of a dear aunt and her husband, our uncle. They both died with in 8 weeks of each other.

Anyway, I had gone to this reader, but not for advice from either of the above lost loved ones. however, my uncle did come through and gave me advice to pass on to two other family members. I did so and it proved to be accurate and very profitable for us all, as a result.

closerwalking

This is interesting. Did you use a spread or had the sitter ask questions and then pull cards?

I don't use spreads generally. Usually I go with intention of what is in best interest for the querent to experience. Occasionally I have querent show up with specific question in mind but for the most part the folks I work with, are open to intention of what is in best interest, due i think, to the way I start. Starting the process by focusing on "who" do you want to talk with? shifts a person to open mindedness, receptivity. and it is beautiful to witness, participate in this. I much prefer doing readings this way.

My way of doing this, started from when I first started working with I Ching, and experienced this presence "speaking" to me through it. I went through longish struggle confusion about "who" was speaking to me. long trust curve. but this Presence was so kind and consistent in helping me. This presence has then led me to experience myriad of beneficial Invisible Helpers within and without. Vast majority of them not human. I've consistently found the best help outside of human brain. esp. thank god we are not alone in this journey here.

Shade

Thank you.

Can you elaborate on first set question. Do you ask how they feel or how they feel about you or how they feel about situation?

I use that card as a message for the client about the spirit. In thinking about this a bit more, maybe this isn't the best idea. What if the 10 of Swords comes up. "Oh your uncle? Well it looks like he is in great anguish."

bluelagune

Thank you all for your suggestions. :)