Talking to sprits?

bluelagune

Ok. I might be totally off here but do you ever pull tarot cards for people who have passed on. I mean like what messege they might have for you?

If yes, what spread do I use, etc..

Thanks

laurence

I did a "message from the dead spread" once regarding a member of my family.
It helped me understand some stuff but It's not like when I went to see a professional medium who really brought me messages.

bluelagune

I daid a "message from the dead spread" once regarding a member of my family.
It helped me understand some stuff but It's not like when I went to see a professional medium who really brought me messages.

Medium, yes. Someone just suggested it.

For the dead family member, did you have to do the reading against their picture or just regular pull cards.

Also, how usefull, if you tryed the guidance in secondary matters.

EyeAmEye

How would you trust that whatever cards you pulled were actually from the person who passed on?

To put it another way (over the top for emphasis), if I create a spread to contact the great hairless lama from Pluto and draw cards, did I actually just get a message from the lama?

bluelagune

How would you trust that whatever cards you pulled were actually from the person who passed on?

To put it another way (over the top for emphasis), if I create a spread to contact the great hairless lama from Pluto and draw cards, did I actually just get a message from the lama?

Whos Lama?

Im curious if that is possible or not?

closerwalking

I start my readings by first deciding or guiding the person i am working with to decide who they want to communicate with. Then I invite this presence to join us. It is very easy to do this. One just has to ask/invite. Thing is that human spirits that have passed on, may have learning curve of learning how to communicate with you through the cards. also they may have reservations about using tarot cards, mistrust.

I have had several people come to me who wanted to communicate with relative who passed on. Some examples: One person wanted to connect with her grandmother, whom she had never known but felt strong connection to. The Grandmother's spirit showed up but she left when the woman shared her intention which was about her business plan. The Grandmother could not help her in that area of her life, she left and called the woman's father to come help her instead, her father having been a successful business person. another experience with two sisters who deeply wanted to connect with their only brother who had recently died at young age. He also deeply wanted to connect with them, and the reading with him was very tender but we went through learning curve as he was having trouble communicating with us clearly and also had a wonderful sense of humor, both of which kept showing up in the reading. His message was tender but not esp. wise. But it was beautiful how the reading helped both sides with their grieving, unfinished business. For the most part, we have better help available to us, than passed on relatives. It is best for them to move onto the light, and move on in their journey. for the most part. Not set in stone, of course. In allowing people to pick their source of counsel, (either one they already know of, or picking a card from cards I've made up, with names of helpers), I've come to realize the best help comes from nontraditional sources. Some of the most valuable ones are one's own animal nature, mother earth, animal spirit helpers. But sometimes the deeper need is healing. unfinished business. unfinished conversations. Tarot can facilitate that wonderfully. I would be willing to show others how. I love using Tarot to commune. communicate with the invisible realm.

laurence

Medium, yes. Someone just suggested it.

For the dead family member, did you have to do the reading against their picture or just regular pull cards.

Also, how usefull, if you tryed the guidance in secondary matters.

I just pulled the cards focusing on the spirit. It's not a ritual.
I try to remember the guidance as much as I can. It's not something like "ok, thanks for the message, now my problem is solved forever".
It's like any other guidance but the loved one who passed will encourage you to use your full potential, to follow a specific path or discourage you to go in a certain direction or whatever they feel you need to know.
Just try the spread and you can also ask them a very specific question if you need to.

bluelagune

I start my readings by inviting whatever presence I or the person I am working with, want to talk with to communicate with me through the cards. It is very easy to do this. One just has to ask. Thing is that human spirits that have passed on, may have learning curve of learning how to communicate with you through the cards. also they may have reservations about using tarot cards, mistrust. I have had several people come to me who wanted to communicate with relative who passed on. One person wanted to connect with her grandmother, whom she had never known but felt strong connection to. The Grandmother's spirit showed up but she left when the woman shared her intention which was about her business plan. The Grandmother could not help her in that area of her life, she left and called the woman's father to come help her instead, her father having been a successful business person. another experience with two sisters who deeply wanted to connect with their only brother who had died at young age. He also deeply wanted to connect with them, and the reading with him was very tender but we went through learning curve as he was having trouble communicating with us clearly and also had a wonderful sense of humor, both of which kept showing up in the reading. His message was tender but not esp. wise. But it was beautiful how the reading helped both sides with their grieving, unfinished business.

This is interesting. Did you use a spread or had the sitter ask questions and then pull cards?