Fantastic Medical Tarot

nisaba

I'ver just discovered the Fantastic Medical Tarot!

Gorgeous!

Way out-there, really creepy colours and implications. I love it.

I can't justify any more 22-card decks - does anyone know if there will ever be a full version released, or if there is something similar in the 78?

Kimberlee

First of all, can I just say this: ewwwwwww!

Second, I highly doubt there's going to be a 78 card version. According to this site:

http://www.wicce.com/gibby2.html

It was created in 1982 in a limited release of 300. So if you want it, you'll have to leap on it.

I hope that helps!

~Kimberlee

Gerbear

This deck is one of a trio of decks done by Dr. Shigeki Gomi, in 1982-3. Their are no plans to produce a 78 card version. A similar deck is the Brain - Heart Tarot by Dirk Gillabel. It too is a majors deck, with no plans to expand.

photokat

I LOVE the Dr. Shigeki Gomi decks.
Too bad that the Medical is nearly impossible to find.

Go Nisaba ; )

nisaba

Oh, look, if I had a spare $800 to spend, I probably would have paid my mechanic by now. :(

But you gotta admit it's a stylish piece of very scary work.

I'm envisioning a hybrid home-made 78-card deck, with those as the Majors, and da Vinci's anatomical sketches and some of Galen's stuff as the minors.

<swoons in bliss>

victoria.star

I hope this isn't too off-topic because it DOES relate to the images of the Medical...

Reminds me of the art that the female lead in Away We Go did...

Such a great movie! First thing I thought of when I saw these cards.

And what a great way to get "into" oneself or another (the Fantastic Medical Tarot!)

Un esprit saindans un corps! Sit mens sana in corpore sano!
Mente sana en cuerpo sano!​

Chronata

There was a point where I wanted this deck SO friggin' badly, that I sold another one to buy it...only to find it was no longer for sale (at that price)

I love this deck. Truly madly deeply LOVE it.

I just think what awesome readings it would give...and how cool it would be for those events involving hospital personel.

Be still my fantastic anatomical heart!

nisaba

Chronata said:
...and how cool it would be for those events involving hospital personel.
<shudder> I think I'll still go with regular disgnostic techniques, I think.

Be still my fantastic anatomical heart!
<glances at card> Right at this moment, it is still.

BTW, I'm talking very much as if it arrived in my house half an hour ago. Off to the postman thread I go ...

nisaba

Yes, some more on this deck, culled from the postman thread.

The atrocious LWB says "22 MAjor Arcana" but a card that evidently is the world (at least, it's wrapped in a wreath) is 21, and I only got 21, and the LWB only lists 21.

I'm going to have to sit with the deck and try and work out which card the fruitcake author missed out on <grin>. I love eccentric decks. I'm happy the postman visited me today.

Does anyone know what he's done? I glanced at a few of the cards in the beginning of the deck and got as far as the Chariot, sort-of-recognising the symbolism, but after that I laid the deck aside in favour of logging on.

Has someone else worked out what card he forgot about?

photokat

Are you sure?
The Fool (Uterus ... LOL!) is card Zero.
I see 22 cards in the LWB, numbered 0-21.
Check again ....