"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

strings of life

^ Let the truth be told that I woke up early that Sunday morning (EST) just to check my email and see what the difference was between "Deluxe" and "Standard".

I love the line drawings, the shading and I've already shared my sepia infatuation. And, those red backs on the Dark deck * swoons *.

Okay, I'll stop.

rwcarter

photokat said:
The fear oh the fear - the biggest force behind tarot shopping!
It may have been an impulse purchase (and I'm not even willing to admit to that), but it definitely wasn't a fear purchase. Like Mr. Le Fanu, it was desire that drove me to buy my two decks....

Rodney

Moona

I was following this thread like an action movie and kept saying to myself: "No, this time I´m not going to let you folks take me with you. I´ll be strong!" Then came the happy end: "Sold out". Why don´t I feel happy? :confused: Well, no one died...

victoria.star

Everyone who was able to get this deck is a lucky duck!!
Congratulations and Enjoy! :heart:

Scion

Le Fanu said:
:D :D :D

So true. There is no greater force in tarot shopping than the fear! the fear!

However, I proclaim myself as one of the rare few who bought it out of "true desire" ;)

Not fear. })

Just to set the record straight.
The question is, is there any real difference between Fear and Desire down at the bone? Aren't they two names for one thing? })

Scion

photokat said:
Scion placed an order yesterday, that's why ; )
LOLOL Word!

I know La Luna calls it being hopeless, I call it supporting an artist who wasn't expecting a windfall. :)

It felt nice to be curious about a deck. It's been a while, I must admit. With a few exceptions I feel like everything printed is the Sparkly Goth Tarot and Tarot of the Big Perfumed Bows. :bugeyed:

Where is a freaky Lewis Carroll deck from expats in Prague when you need one?... Oh, Wait! :D

photokat

Let's look at the 5 Stages of a missed opportunity @ Tarot Shopping:

1. Denial and Isolation.

At first, we tend to deny the loss has taken place, and may withdraw from our usual social contacts. This stage may last a few moments, or longer.

2. Anger.

The shopping person may then be furious at the person who shopped the the decks away, or at the world, for letting it happen. He may be angry with himself for letting the event take place, even if, realistically, nothing could have stopped it.

3. Bargaining.

Now the shopping person may make bargains with God, asking, "If I buy another deck, will you take away the pain for this loss?"

The grieving shopper will frequently visit the Trading Forum or even Ebay.

4. Depression.

The person feels numb, although anger and sadness may remain underneath.

5. Acceptance.

This is when the anger, sadness and mourning have tapered off. The person simply accepts the reality of the loss.

Scion

Or possibly Accepts the challenge of tracking the deck down somewhere on the Earth by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

rwcarter

photokat said:
Let's look at the 5 Stages of a missed opportunity @ Tarot Shopping:

1. Denial and Isolation.
2. Anger.
3. Bargaining.
4. Depression.
5. Acceptance.

I didn't miss out on the opportunity, but strangely enough, I did experience those same 5 stages:

1. My Denial was that I didn't need to spend the money on those decks and shouldn't spend money on those decks.

2. My anger was at a certain photokat for starting the thread in the first place (see post 23)

3. My bargaining was in the savings I got by ordering two decks and not having to pay for additional shipping charges.... (cut me some slack :D)

4. My depression set in after I'd sent payment when I realized that now I had to wait for the decks to arrive instead of them instantly being at my doorstep.

5. My Acceptance was in thanking a certain photokat for alerting me to a deck that I really would've been sad to have missed out on.... (BTW, thanks photokat! :))

Rodney

Le Fanu

rwcarter said:
2. My anger was at a certain photokat for starting the thread in the first place
My anger set in at people hypothesising about the cardstock before we'd even seen it, and puncturing my balloon ;)
:D