Does anyone have the Favole Tarot?

Gayla

I just ordered it, it looks delicious. :)

Just wondering if anyone has it and what you thought about it...

thorhammer

I think a fair few of the ppl who posted in this thread might have it.

HTH, \m/ Kat

Silverlyn

Yep! I got mine from House of Tarot a few weeks ago and love, love, loooovve it!

Many don't like that the Pips aren't fully illustrated (but I LOVE the black roses, butterflies, masks on them:) and that some of the cards don't match the images, but they still read quite well for me!

Goody, another Favole fan, if you want, we could start up a study group, soon!

I've yet to write my review....soon as I find my way out of the gorgeous, gothic halls and peel myself away from the deliciously seductive Devil and Emperor, I'll get it done!;)

Silverlyn

HarleyQuinnX

I too am ordering this deck as soon as I get home from my holiday vacation time with the family. I am really surprised at how much of it I love. Usually when I look at deck the first time, there are about 10 cards that I love so much that I buy the deck. In this case, I can say that the only card I'm not crazy about is the Hanged Man.

Although I'm going to get it, can anyone give me a heads up on which suit (Crosses, Butterflies, Masks, Roses) corresponds to which traditional suit?

Silverlyn

You'll love almost every card in this deck, even the pips, I bet:)

Crosses=Wands
Masks=Pentacles
Flowers and Roses=Cups
Butterflies=Swords.

There's a Favole thread with a bit more info (mostly me gushing, lol) here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87599

Hope to see you there, it's such a delicious, seductive deck and reads decent in my opinion, too!

Silverlyn

Sulis

Silverlyn I'm curious since you're a beginner with tarot.
What method are you using to read the pip cards?
We hear so many people recommend pictoral minors to folks just starting out, I'm curious to know how you're going about learning with pip cards.
I tend to use number, element and image when I'm reading pips but the only pip decks I own are Tarot de Marseilles decks and they do have very expressive pips.
I learned with the Rider-Waite-Smith so went onto non-scenic minors later.

Silverlyn

Sulis:

Well, when a pip card comes up, I just look up the card:

like say a two of flowers (or roses, actually) comes up: Well that means it's a two of cups card.

So I look up meaning for what does a two of cups card mean (in any book, from the LWB that came with it or even a LWB from one of my other decks or any Tarot book I have...two of cups means the same/similar no matter where I look it up at)..., then I go from there.

...is that not possible or right or something?

Silverlyn

Sulis

So how are you actually going to read the cards when you do a reading without a book?

I think that most people look up meanings in books when they are beginning and some people continue to do that but it's not 'reading', it's looking up a meaning in a book.
If you had images or a system to use then you could actually learn to read the cards and not just use someone elses meanings.

IndigoWonders

I just ordered this deck myself and it is my first non-illustrated pip deck. I never wanted one before but just had to have the deck because of the majors. They're stunning. I'm not brand-spanking new at tarot, but as for reading, I'm relying on what I know of numerology, memory of the same card in other decks, and the flashes of intuition that pop up. I read almost strictly by intuition but always go thru the books with new decks to get more insight.

HarleyQuinnX

I think that this deck for me will be my first big plunge into steadily using non-illustrated pip decks. I've used non-illustrated pip cards with a few other decks in my collection (Visconti, Miracle) but once or twice, just to say that I did it. And when I did read with them I drew solely on the meanings from other decks.

Hopefully once I order this deck, use it a lot. It looks like it may be one of my more used decks once I get used to it a bit. If I could possibly find a store carrying them in my area, I could possibly just go and buy them and start using them right away. *searches for on the internet*