"New Deck Interview" Spread

FireRaven

I just got the Tarot of Transformation in the mail yesterday...fascinating cards, btw...and came up with this "interview" to get to know it. My thanks to Tor, Wavebreaker, and Wisp Wings whose own "new deck" spreads in this topic forum inspired me.

Here it is:

****** 5 ****** 6 ******
********** 4 **********
****** 3 ****** 2 ******
********** 1 **********

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
3. What are your limits as a deck?
4. What do you bring to the table -- what are you here to teach me?
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?

Now...don't you wish the cards could answer these questions in plain English instead of in pictures? Nevertheless, something tells me that I'm gonna start interviewing all of my decks! :D

-FireRaven

LuckyFox

Boy. I just tried this one twice.. and um.. I think my deck is MAD at me!

I got some really bad results.. yikes!

FireRaven

What happened?

LuckyFox said:
Boy. I just tried this one twice.. and um.. I think my deck is MAD at me!

I got some really bad results.. yikes!

Hi Lucky Fox,

What happened with your reading when you used this spread? You said that you got bad results twice and that you thought your cards were mad at you.

Can you give me more insight so that I know whether it's the spread or something else? I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
-FireRaven

LuckyFox

I really don't think anything might be wrong with the spread.. It was basically telling me to put down the cards and walk away lol

LuckyFox

Alright ! that does it!

*throws Revelations out window*

1. 7 Swords
2. Queen of Wands ("My Card"-Leo)
3. (R)10 Wands
4. (R) Magician
5. (R)6 Cups
6. (R)6 Wands

This is the second time I have gotten reversed 6 of wands in that position.
oh and it's like the 4th time today that 7 of Swords has come up! I even cleansed the deck this morning before I started anything.. :\

What is my problem? Why were they all happy go lucky yesterday and now they are like the cards from hell!

Vadella

LuckyFox said:
What is my problem? Why were they all happy go lucky yesterday and now they are like the cards from hell!

Your deck might have PMS today. haha Maybe try some meditation first. There are too many reversals which could indicate a blockage somewhere. Best to you!

Vad

janstar17

LuckyFox said:

Maybe you wore them out yesterday. :D A little R&R and I bet they will be as good as new...

Cerulean

On the Revelations Tarot--7 of Swords and first three cards

I may understand your frustration. This is a caution for carefulness. Within the context of knowing you should watch carefully for problems... perhaps I can suggest some mitigating thoughts?

This meaning sounds a bit sharp, but perhaps knowing it's opposite is helpful.

The opposite of such wariness to me is wisdom and experience attained from trusting wisely--I posted for myself in the book, a Kanji character of love, which means my experience of wisdom attained from love overrides my stupidity from being cheated.

I use this deck to suggest wisdom and my writing in the book to see a solution beyond the suggestive RWS meaning showed me that I wanted to solve the problem of confronting a 'lack' within myself.

"I will devote my time and attention to the more rewarding aspect of wisdom attained from love and those who have proven this by trust, kindness and good actions to me."

"I will be aware, cautioned and reflective."

Queen of Wands - Leo...a caring woman who looks out for others and provides all...

I read through this and it's quite a responsible, warm and strong personality. Do you take responsibility for others a lot? Perhaps even more than you should? Perhaps the active personality and quick reactions, your caring and responsible personality aspects will be impatient with those who are sneaky, so you don't have that energy around you, personally. But perhaps you are quick to also defend others from injustice and this is a 'caution' for your Queen of Wands aspects...

Now the deck in position one is supposed to be telling the reader about itself...well my take is that the deck is saying for you, right now, it's going to be something that provokes a reaction to you and exercising caution might be wise. That you keep receiving the Seven of Swords might suggest that you might want to write a solution word or interact with the Seven of Swords idea in a way that helps you find wisdom...my selection of Asian characters and wisdom thoughts for the strong and stirring cards was my resolution...

In position two, it's saying its strengths are your strengths...your Queen of Wands aspects...in position three, the limit/blockage of the deck is as ten of wands, the feeling of superactivity of immense power and energy to deal with solving strong needs and tasks...in other words, perhaps the limits of the deck might reflect your limits of energy or time...they may feel as burdens to you now...for my keyword to the ten of wands is Kindness.

Have kindness for yourself and go from there...

Hope this helps,

Cerulean

bleuivy

I tried this spread out last night on my brand new (and already beloved) Golden Tarot.

I had a ton of fun doing the reading, and I've posted it in the Your Readings section, with my interpretation. It can be found here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=44634

I had a lot of fun "interviewing" my new deck, and would love to hear from others how the inverview went.

Bottom line: I think this is going to be my new deck spread from now on. Thanks for posting it, FireRaven! :)

Little Baron

A very interesting spread.

I will definitely use it. My Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot is less than a week old so I will have a go at doing this spread later today and record my views in the Your Readings section, as others have.

I am really enjoying starting to work with this deck, so I hope the cards play nicely and give me something to think about and work on.

Best,
LB