Weird OTO card

RLG

Dwtw

The deck with the white on black OTO is a bootleg version of the White Box C greenie, printed in Colombia. The cards are 3/4 of the thickness of the normal deck, and they are poorly printed, as if someone photocopied the cards on an old color printer. Interesting from a historical perspective, but you may not be happy with the rest of the deck at that price.

Litlluw

Orenda

A warning about publishing in Belgium...

If the publisher is AGM AGMüller, a Carta Mundi company, then I have yet to see a copy of a deck from them without printing error :(

So far, the Ananda by Pilz and the Renaissance by Williams have both had spelling or numerical issues!

Lillie

RLG said:
Dwtw

The deck with the white on black OTO is a bootleg version of the White Box C greenie, printed in Colombia. The cards are 3/4 of the thickness of the normal deck, and they are poorly printed, as if someone photocopied the cards on an old color printer. Interesting from a historical perspective, but you may not be happy with the rest of the deck at that price.

Litlluw

Very interesting info!

Thanks!

Lillie

Orenda said:
A warning about publishing in Belgium...

If the publisher is AGM AGMüller, a Carta Mundi company, then I have yet to see a copy of a deck from them without printing error :(

So far, the Ananda by Pilz and the Renaissance by Williams have both had spelling or numerical issues!

The Thoth published from about 78 to 2000 by USG was always printed in Belgium.
I have had quite a few of them and none have had any printing errors apart from the characteristic colour cast on some (but not others).
My brightest and most beautiful Thoth is an old belgium printed white box C with grey borders and no green cast to it. On very thick card too!

The earlier ones in the two part boxes (printed in Hong Kong and USA) are far more prone to printing errors and a lot of decks have cards with faded areas or with double printing on some cards, not to mention their characteristic peculiarities like upside down cards and missing numbers.

I don't know about the modern printings.
I have only got one, trimmed version of that, and it does not have any problems, but I don't know which version it was before trimming, or where it was printed.

ravenest

Curious

Le Fanu said:
Looks satantic! :D })

Satantic ! ?? Did you mean to write Satanic ... or maybe Satantric ? :laugh:
You are bad! :laugh: . It does look rather 'striking'. But then again it is from Colombia? Thelemic 'stuff' from Sth. America has a 'distinctive flavour'. (Not that I want to direct anyone to Motta.)

I met a Thelemite from South America last year, he said "We do things different there." He had a large Baphomet (a la Eliphas Levi) tattoo on his arm. That was rather ... 'striking' as well.

I have also seen a few rare and varient Thelemic / Crowley books published from there, also quiet different in presentation, but I have never seen the black OTO intro card before.