Tarot readers' relationship

Disa

I don't know if it's a cautionary old-wives tale. I just heard today that tarot readers should be careful because tarot readers seem to have more challenges in their lives (than they would have if they don't read cards) and their relationships can get rocky easily. Thoughts?

I can't really reply to such people since one of them is my mother. She said it was through her observations. Now, I get worried and discouraged.

First of all, How old are you? Do you live in your mother's house? Even if you do live in her house you should be able to "reply to such people".

Second of all, my life was A LOT more challenging before I started reading cards, and I had rocky relationships prior. I mean relationships with family and friends. My husband and I were married before I started reading cards and still married so....the usual amount of rockiness I suspect.

I think your theory (or your mother's theory) is blown out of the water here...exactly how many tarot readers does she know that have had these experiences???

Nineveh

I believe there is some truth to that. I don't agree with the part about the rocky relationships, however. I will expound later.

tarotbear

The 'truth' may be that since the Reader hears and reads about other people's problems, et al, that they may search for parallels within their own lives ... I agree with Disa's
exactly how many tarot readers does she know that have had these experiences???

Disa

IDK, I think many people who have tons of drama in their lives or just difficult situations in general could actually benefit from learning to read cards and sorting things out. Granted, our lives can seem complicated because we are hearing people's deepest darkest secrets and we can't unhear what we've heard....and we can't talk about it either.... But, those aren't our lives, we don't have to absorb their issues.

Nineveh

First and foremost despite making time to visit AT I lead a full life. That means I have absolutely 0 time to search for any types of parallels. And, I have yet to communicate with a tarot reader whose life is in anyway similar to my own.

As I don't want to offend anyone by describing examples/situations I will simply suggest that you visit the 'Exchange' forum in support of my statement. In addition to "problems" you may also find that there is a certain degree of delusion as well as passive aggressive anger found amongst a given tarot community. As with any group of people whether tarot readers, a prison population, church group, etc. there will always be 'this type' or 'that type' of person within said group but let's stay on topic. Again, take a look around.

Nineveh

IDK, I think many people who have tons of drama in their lives or just difficult situations in general could actually benefit from learning to read cards and sorting things out. Granted, our lives can seem complicated because we are hearing people's deepest darkest secrets and we can't unhear what we've heard....and we can't talk about it either.... But, those aren't our lives, we don't have to absorb their issues.

I agree with this. Tarot can be used as a tool that assists us in interacting with difficult people and situations.

PrincessPaulina

I soooo wish that I'd discovered Tarot earlier in my life -- it could have saved me much heartache, especially in all kinds of relationships!

Having said that, there can also be a temptation to obsessively over-read on certain topics.
I especially notice this with romantic issues, when the Querent really wants a specific outcome (such as reuniting with their S.O.) but its just not in the cards; yet they keep trying to redo the Spread, or reword the question to get the answer they want.

So I think, as with any tool, Tatot should be done mindfully, respectfully, and for the "Highest Good" (as opposed to trying to bend it to one's will, only to advance one's Ego/desires).

Tarot in itself does not "bring" more problems -- it is an issue of how the tool is used.

Simple

I soooo wish that I'd discovered Tarot earlier in my life -- it could have saved me much heartache, especially in all kinds of relationships!

Having said that, there can also be a temptation to obsessively over-read on certain questions.
I especially notice this with romantic questions, when the Querent really wants a specific outcome (such as reuniting with their S.O.) but its just not in the cards; yet they keep trying to redo the Spread, or reword the question to get the answer they want.

So I think, as with any tool, Tatot should be done mindfully, respectfully, and for the "Highest Good" (as opposed to trying to bend it to one's will, only to advance one's Ego/desires).

Tarot in itself does not "bring" more problems -- it is a question of how the tool is used.

I completely agree with you. I don't know about tarot saving me heartache but it definitely gives me joy. :)

moon_light

My life has only gotten better and better since I started reading tarot. I'm not attributing that to reading cards, but I wouldn't blame them either if my life got worse.