Horary - Applying Aspect to Ascendant

Paul

Hello all--

Basic question here, which Googling is not yielding that fast food answer we have come to expect from the Internet.
:) So, I'm going to a proper sit-down restaurant for discussion.

When analyzing an Horary chart, I have a significator of the quesited aspecting the Ascendant, in a trine; not the Planet/Lord of the Ascendant, mind you, but the Ascendant. This aspect is right out of the gate, with no frustrations or prohibitions, etc.

So, my question is, even though the Lord of the Ascendant Planet does not aspect the quesited planet, is it salient enough that the quesited planet aspects the "Ascendant," as in the the point on the chart? That is to say, is it essentially bringing the quesited and querent together?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Minderwiz

If this is the only indication that the quesited and the querrent will come together then I'd say no. It would add weight if there's other evidence that the outcome will be positive for the querrent - in a sense it suggests that the questied would like to be with the querrent but unless there's something stronger elsewhere in the chart I don't think that it shows any favourable outcome.

Paul

Thank you!

This fits with the querent's situation, indeed.
There are no other conjunctions planet-to-planet.
The querent suspected that there would be sympathies, but not the ability or power to act. The querent wanted to know if a particular relative would help them with a large project.

(Patting myself on the back), I am pleased that I told the querent essentially the same thing. It's nice as a beginner with Horary-- when one is often saying "Oops!" with chart interpretations-- that once in awhile you get to say, "Good job!"

I appreciate the feedback.
:)

Minderwiz

When you checked for other aspects did you remember to check for

collection of light and translation of light
receptions
antiscia

Sometimes these are more difficult to spot but can indicate a favourable outcome.

Also if the question had been along the lines of 'would I get a favourable response if I asked for support? there is possibly more chance of a favourable action than if the question had been 'Will X support my project?' In the later case X has to be sufficiently active to volunteer support without being asked, in the former case X needs some prodding but is basically supportive.

I'd still look for at least another indicator of support though, even in the former case to give a positive answer. I think your conclusion looks like it's the right one.