A less than positive new deck reading

Trogon

I thought I'd post this for comments; A few days ago I finally got around to doing a "new deck reading" on a used deck I'd actually picked up a couple of months ago. I had not done any readings with the deck before this, just looked over the cards. This is the Unicorn Tarot - it is very much an RWS based deck.

1 (What will you teach me?) - The Empress (rev.)

2 (What do I need?) - 3 of Rods

3 (What will our relationship be like?) - The Tower (rev.)

The Empress reversed - in the position of what will the deck teach me, or what will it bring - to me indicated infertility or lack of emotion, stagnation.

3 of Rods; I need to sit back... reasess things?

The Tower reversed; An inability to change, getting in a rut?

These were my initial feelings on these cards. Basically what I felt, overall, was that this deck is going to be (for me) a dead end, I won't get much from it. Because of this I should re-think it's usefulness to me at this time in my journey, and if I decide to keep it, it's usefulness (again - to me) will be limited.

Anyone else have any other thoughts?

Interestingly enough... this was the first "new deck" reading I've done where I felt the cards basically said "this deck ain't for you". My others (all of 3) have all had very positive deck readings.

MeeWah

Trogon: I would not take this throw so literally.

3-The Empress, R suggests a different way of thinking or approach, other than what is usual for ye.

3-Rods relates to The Empress & as such, seems to reiterate that. Thus, creative thinking is encouraged; being open to possibilities & inspiration as the card itself can refer to established parameters. Since this card is sometimes seen to pertain to "schooling", perhaps some study on your part will help in using this deck constructively.

16-The Tower, R merely indicates a resistance to change, *not* that one cannot change or be enlightened.

If ye were drawn to this deck enough to acquire it, I would explore it further before dismissing it.

Emily

I think this reading may be trying to tell you that if you want to use this deck, you're really going to have to work at it.
Also it is a used deck and could still have the vibes from the previous owner who obviously couldn't get on with it so let it go - try cleansing it then use it for a few readings before you do the new deck spread again. The deck is tainted, but not permanently, and once cleansed, you might feel differently about it. :)

Alex

No, the other side of the mother. Another face of motherhood.

Trogon said:
1 (What will you teach me?) - The Empress (rev.)
The Empress reversed - in the position of what will the deck teach me, or what will it bring - to me indicated infertility or lack of emotion, stagnation.

Trogon said:
2 (What do I need?) - 3 of Rods.[/B]

Accomplishments? To accomplish something in this relationship with the deck?

Trogon said:
3 (What will our relationship be like?) - The Tower (rev.)[/B]

Changes will follow but will not sweep you out of your feet.

Hope that helps.

Alex.