4 cups

Yygdrasilian

Rise to the Height of Our Halo

4: CROWN
...\...\............./..\.........../...\............. /..../.
...\.....\........../....\........./.....\........../...../..
....\..4...\....../..4...\....../...4...\......./..4../...
.....\.swords....cups........wands.....disks./....
......\........................................... ...../.....
.......\......0=XXII......IV..........XIII....../......
........\_________________________/.......
.................................................. ..............

This Crown adorns one who sits upon the throne of the Kingdom (Malkuth), whose spirit Triumphs over the elements.
Each of its’ jewels hold a different facet of the wise sovereign’s rule.

4 Cups: Moon in Cancer, is the sublime monarch’s view to the bigger picture; how every cycle waxes and wanes in light and abundance.
Fortunes rise and fall, and rise again - all upon the turn of a wheel; one whose axis joins (4) Chesed to 10/Fortune.

CROWN upon CROSS,
TAU become Ankh

GreenMoonBeam

ar Leithligh said:
I have been wrestling with this response for 24 hours - should I show you the dark side of this card or not - I feel that, as a Tarot teacher, I really ought to let you see that this card can have huge significance in a reading.
Three weeks ago I did a 3 card reading and I had the 9 Cups, Death and the 4 of Cups. Seems fairly innocuous you might think, however the 4 Cups always draws my attention as this card seems to suggest that the person is either bored with their lot or, a little more serious, they are slipping into a depression. After all they have 4 full cups so to those around them are unlikely to think that anything is amiss.
To have the wish card before the Death card could mean that they are wishing for a major change in their life - something (anything) is perhaps preferable to their present situation. However, strip away the superficial layers of these cards, look beneath the surface but above all use your intuition and a completely different story emerges. This person was actually wishing for death.
And he almost succeeded. Three days before the reading the querent's brother in law jumped off a bridge - his second attempt at suicide. Unfortunately he may never walk again despite the doctors best efforts.
Now look again at the 9 Cups the wish card. With bright happy cards this card promises good fortune x 3. Will he try again? I sincerely hope not but!!
When the 4 ups appears in a spread don't always assume that it means is content or boredom - look at the other cards for guidance - sometimes the obvious is just staring you in face but 'book' meanings can interfere and misdirect you. Always ground and protect yourself before you attempt a reading and ask the spirits of the cards for help and guidance.
ar Leithligh
I really really think this is an excellent post. Outlines so much about how to
be aware in using Tarot. It is a reminder of the actual seriousness of using
cards to reply to a question,imo. I agree with Bronwyn that your site is grand.

ar Leithligh

4 Cups

Thank you Bronwyn1 and GreenMoonBean for your very kind comments regarding my site. I will pass your comments on to my husband who constructed the site with the manual in his left hand!!

On a more serious note I am very pleased that you have taken on board the seriousness of the 4 Cups particularly in an economic downturn as this seemingly harmless card is making a regular appearance in recent readings.

Happy Christmas and the best of luck on your Tatot journey you will find the experience both enriching and rewarding.

ar Leithligh (gaelic for The Hermit)