Picture of our reading space/table version 2009 (#2)

TheOld

First this is where i started it all but after 100 pages i think it's time to do another thread ;-)
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=80701

i don't know if there is other threads about that but if so please just let me know so i can put the link here at the start

and now there is my new space reading/magic space i have this year...

http://www.blogmagique.com/hotel/hotel1.jpg
http://www.blogmagique.com/hotel/hotel2.jpg
http://www.blogmagique.com/hotel/hotel3.jpg

I'm moving in my new house in 1.5 month and i will have a complete room just for magic/healing/tarot , soooo nice ;-)

So show us your new space this year !!!
Have a great day
Omeada

Chara

That's a very nice set up! I can't wait to see what you manage to do with a whole room...

I don't really have a reading space at the moment. I just have a cardboard box filled with decks (...which I sleep next to. I really love my decks.) and I do most of my readings on the other side of my bed. Most of my face to face readings - as rare as they are at the moment - happen around that person's coffee table, usually.

I really do love looking at everyone else's tarot environments. I used to have a nice one of my own. Maybe I can find some pictures...or get around to setting up a new one. It's such a hassle when you move all the time though!

moderndayruth

What a beautiful, magical shrine TheOld! As Chara says, can't wait to see how you are going to decorate the whole room! :thumbsup:
Btw, love the fabric on the chair, it looks like some antiq wall tapestry.

Morwenna

To repeat what I said on the old thread, I don't have a special space set up; I read for myself on the bed (sometimes I even put a cloth down), and when I read for others, always away from home, I put up a table (at renfairs, SCA events, etc.) with a cloth or two and a few ornamental things that also serve as paperweights should a breeze come up. At conventions, when I'm carrying a few decks around just for the heck of it, any flat surface will serve, sometimes with a cloth down first especially if the surface is rough and likely to scratch the cards.

But the pics I've seen on the old thread are very tempting; maybe when I get this place dug out more I'll make myself a special space. No promises.

moderndayruth

Morwenna said:
To repeat what I said on the old thread, I don't have a special space set up; I read for myself on the bed (sometimes I even put a cloth down), and when I read for others, always away from home, I put up a table (at renfairs, SCA events, etc.) with a cloth or two and a few ornamental things that also serve as paperweights should a breeze come up. At conventions, when I'm carrying a few decks around just for the heck of it, any flat surface will serve, sometimes with a cloth down first especially if the surface is rough and likely to scratch the cards.

But the pics I've seen on the old thread are very tempting; maybe when I get this place dug out more I'll make myself a special space. No promises.

:shhh: Morwenna, mind that these threads are highly contagious! I made a similar post to yours some three years ago when i joined AT, yet little did i know... I admired other people's decorations - especially Heart Cricket's - and i started by small adjustments, adding a candle here and there... and ended up with re-decorating my home last summer! I do love it this way though the guest room turned to reading room which i hardly use because i still read in the living room which, with the Altar, the Faery shrine and many decks laying around on matching cloths, more and more resembles a reading room too! You were warned in time! :D

DrTodd

Deep Tarot

My own approach uses a wonderful antique box with a leather handle, a few decks (RWS, Deviant Moon, Marseilles), magical implements, the essence of rosemary,and bags and a reading cloth from our very own Sulis :)

I have also devised some nice tick sheets that are also notepads, so I have a way of capturing the essence of a reading and a memento for the querent.

Morwenna

moderndayruth said:
:shhh: Morwenna, mind that these threads are highly contagious! I made a similar post to yours some three years ago when i joined AT, yet little did i know... I admired other people's decorations - especially Heart Cricket's - and i started by small adjustments, adding a candle here and there... and ended up with re-decorating my home last summer! I do love it this way though the guest room turned to reading room which i hardly use because i still read in the living room which, with the Altar, the Faery shrine and many decks laying around on matching cloths, more and more resembles a reading room too! You were warned in time! :D

Hey, not that I'd mind!! That'd have a lot more pizazz than stacks of cardboard boxes!! :D (Only if I got rid of all the boxes, where would the cats sleep? Not on my decks they don't!)

HearthCricket

My present reading space in the corner of the living room with the Rumi Tarot, which arrived today!

Attachments

• RumiTarot.jpg
    RumiTarot.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 288

Astraea Aurora

Very lovely, HearthCricket! :love: Btw, what's that item in the lower left corner with the golden tassel?

Astraea Aurora :grin: