The Fearful Client..

Toxicmage

One of the first things I do when I meet someone for a reading if we meet in a coffee shop is to buy them a drink, or if I am meeting someone in my home..I'll offer juice or something to drink, just to be friendly and open.. and hope they will be at ease with me.

But for SOME first time seekers, when the session starts..and I start turning over cards, you can tell and feel that their afraid of each card I turn over.

For some of these seeker's..it's kind of like getting a bad report of illness from a doctor, or they are so afraid they are going to hear something they don't like.

I encounter this from time-to-time, and to be honest with you, I don't feel I am handling these people well. You see, I don't know how the reading is going to go if I don't turn the cards over and starting talking about things. I try and be soothing to these type of seekers, but I don't know if I am handling things right.

I did a search on here for fearful clients and nothing came up.

Even if I am picking-up on something that is a negative vibe, I'll tell these people how to deal with it in a empowering kinda way. I have to admit, that at times I haven't said something to them because I see that their SO fearful of the whole process..that I would normally say to a client.

Is it an energy thing or what? How do you handle these people's fear of the reading process? Even the " good cards " they can see as something fearful.

Any advice.

Thanks.

214red

its often just fear of the unknown. I always explain how i read the cards, how the reading will be conducted.

For fearful clients take the time to build up a bit of rapport. Ask them why they are fearful, and often its because they have had a bad experience or they worry what will come up.

I must admit i find it fairly easy putting them at ease, also if you read psychically you can feel what they fear, and you can then work on dealing with it.

There is this misconception that there are good and bad cards, i dont feel there is. All cards can be good and bad depending on what the situation is, death for instance can be very liberating in certain situations!

Toxicmage

I agree, there are no good or bad cards..just lessons to be learned.

But it so frustrating even after I show them the cards in the layout, a possible way out of their fear..they still fear it.

Yes, it could be a rapport thing too. I never ask the seeker why they are wanting a reading..I'd rather have the cards reveal that.

214red

Toxicmage said:
I agree, there are no good or bad cards..just lessons to be learned.

But it so frustrating even after I show them the cards in the layout, a possible way out of their fear..they still fear it.

Yes, it could be a rapport thing too. I never ask the seeker why they are wanting a reading..I'd rather have the cards reveal that.
why not ask why they are scared, and what they fear the cards will show.The answer will help you understand more about them, and help you read for them in a considered way.

i dont think asking why they want a reading is a bad thing...i dont think the cards need to tell you that, this is a case were communication makes more sense then the cards

Toxicmage

yeah, I agree with you. Thanks!

I just want to say that these type of querent's make up only a small percentage of the folks I read for.

As for the question thing, I prefer to work that way. The question will usually present itself during the course of the session.

214red

Toxicmage said:
As for the question thing, I prefer to work that way. The question will usually present itself during the course of the session.
i dont mean the question, i mean the reason they have come, usually different reasons. Someone might want to ask about career, reason they have come is because a friend recomended it.

Toxicmage

Oh..I see.

These people to me, anyway..seem not to do their " due-dillligence" on things , and you know some of my regulars seem to have a little fear in them when their seeking info on stuff..they should know better thou, my readings are not generally doom and gloom.

I gotta get some sleep, it's 1;30 am here. thanks for chatting with me!

nisaba

I just make sure I have a really warm, accepting personal presence.

It's just great, watching anxious people arrive and relieved, happy people leave.

Aulruna

The good thing about the fearful ones that they are at least vaguely aware that there are things they don't want to see/hear, which in the course of a reading usually gives you something to work with.

The ones so obsessed with hearing their desired outcome over and over again and are in deep denial about anything else ... they are harder to get through to.