Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Pao 
Citizen

10 of cups as romantic feelings?

Can this card even be romantic? I know its the happy family card (yes depending on the sourrounding cards) the end result of all the other cup cards, but what is it as romantic feelings for another person? specially if two people like eachother and are attracted to eachother but are not in a relationship.

I read through all the threads here and everyone seems to have a different view of this card. I am mainly referring to the victorian romantic ten of cups, no rainbow there! (I know many spoke of the rainbow as an illusion)

thoughts?

Algún día en cualquier parte, en cualquier lugar indefectiblemente te encontrarás a ti mismo, y ésa, sólo ésa, puede ser la más feliz o la más amarga de tus horas.

If you want the rainbow, you must put up with the rain. D. Parton
Pao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pao
Can this card even be romantic?... specially if two people like eachother and are attracted to eachother but are not in a relationship.
As the card is in "romantic feelings," it has to indicate in some way or other, the extent of the romantic feelings (either there or not) between the two of you no matter what your current relationship (or lack thereof). The extent of these romantic feelings would seem to be "comfortable" and stable romantic feelings. The kind that keep a couple together to raise the kids and give each other a happy home life. That means neither one of you feels inclined to write poetry to each other, or send roses, or enact the "does he/she or doesn't he/she" agony of romance novels.

It means that you are past all that drama. You're gone right to the end, to the comfort zone of romance. It does exist. Why else do you think you see elderly couples still holding hands? Drama free romance is what you're looking at. If you're after the flowers, hearts, tears, kissing-the-ground he/she walks on, floating on air because you just met and can't-think-of-anyone-else romance...sorry. You ain't got that. But if you're after someone there to hold your hand and be there to help you through every emotional upheaval and/or that you can help through emotional upheavals, then you've got it.

10/Cups is stable emotions. Spiritual emotions, after all the ups and downs of the Cup suit.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
balenciaga 
Citizen

I can definitely see loving commitment and longevity in the 10 cups.
balenciaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Pao 
Citizen

wow Thirteen! come live with me so i can hear your thoughts on all cards! I was leaning towards the card meaning that feeling of "home" people always talk about like "I feel at home with you" and you described it perfectly well! It makes sense to me now. thank you!!

thank you Balenciaga for your views too

Algún día en cualquier parte, en cualquier lugar indefectiblemente te encontrarás a ti mismo, y ésa, sólo ésa, puede ser la más feliz o la más amarga de tus horas.

If you want the rainbow, you must put up with the rain. D. Parton

Last edited by Pao; 02-06-2009 at 10:27.
Pao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
MistressNatasha 
Citizen

Wink Oh!

Most definitely! I see the Ten of Cups as being perfected love. It's love that's meant to be and last. It is real love. No matter if it's romantically or within a family or even friendship, it's the perfection of love.

----------
My age doesn't define my abilities as a Tarot reader. =] Even though I finally turned 18 on May 3rd! YAY!!!
MistressNatasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today