Travel

Purplefox

Hello-was wondering what cards symbolize travel. I know the world and chariot do, what about other cards with water, i.e the two of wands, three of wands, two of pentacles (RW tarot deck)...maybe I'm looking to deep into a meaning?

Osher

6 Swords - travel over water
8 Wands - flying or travel over distance (makes me wonder, did they read it as flying 100 years ago? :) )

Grizabella

The 6 of Swords and 8 of Cups can be seen to be indicating travel. Most of the Knights could indicate the Knight traveling---especially the Knight of Swords. The Chariot certainly shows travel. The World can indicate world travel. Those are a few I can think of.

janee

The knight of wands and the 8 of wands

Shadow wolf1214

well ill add one from the Druidcraft deck that i see as a possible meaning for travel:
Ten of Wands - traveling with a burden

and i also agree with the rest of the other cards posted above. Anyone feel free to correct me on the Ten of Wands though

nisaba

The Fool, any of hte Wands cards, many of the Sword cards, the Hermit ... it just depends on how they fall.

Osher

nisaba said:
The Fool, any of hte Wands cards, many of the Sword cards, the Hermit ... it just depends on how they fall.
Yes, the Hermit is often seen in travel terms, often a voyage of discovery

nisaba

As well as that, I was thinking his withdrawal from society often means literally wandering off ... it used to be in search of a cave with a nearby freshwater spring, but the Hermit I know in RL tends, as soon as he has a day off, to jump in his 4WD with his tent, his guitar and his sleeping bag, and just vanish in a puff of paradox in his high-powered vehicle until a few hours before he's due back at work.

Osher

nisaba said:
As well as that, I was thinking his withdrawal from society often means literally wandering off ...
Ooops, sorry, yes, that's what I meant!

afrosaxon

Found these threads using the very nifty "Search This Forum" feature (located in the top right corner of the Using Tarot Card section):

Court cards and Travel

Travel cards

Of course, you can do a search for specific cards as they relate to travel, too, as some are not courts (like The World for example).

Good luck, and welcome to AT.

T.