Do You Use Crystals With Your Tarot?

Katherynne

I asked someone who'd posted a photo of her reading to flickr what stones she had in the photo -- I don't personally read with a certain collection of stones nearby or anything, but I can see from following her flickr that she does. I was curious to know which ones and for what reason, but she replied to me that she would not tell because it was a witch's secret!

So now I'm still curious: do any of you read with a collection of stones nearby, or keep stones in the same place as your tarot? If you do, which ones? and why?

Do you think this has helped you with tarot?

Angie9

stones

I do keep lots of crystals in the old secretary with my cards. I was collecting the crystals before I was collecting the cards and just love them and like having them near. I have a small crystal ball, smokey quartz cluster, spirit quartz and a herkimer diamond cluster on top of the secretary and a bowl of assorted crystals inside with the cards. I work with a few of my crystals for different things but mostly I just relly enjoy being near them.

Angie

Sinduction

Oh my, as a witch, I do apologize!

I use crystals for different reasons. It depends on the purpose of my readings.

If you are wanting clarity or insight, or help with a health issue, etc. It is best to know what each crystal is used for and then bring out whichever ones best suit your needs.

It is helpful if you do spells with your cards, that way, you can call on the properties of those stones.

I'm curious to see the pic and if we can tell which crystals she used. :D

Katherynne

Sinduction said:
Oh my, as a witch, I do apologize!

Oh, I'm a witch too, which is why I'm so "really??" about her reply, haha.

I use crystals for different reasons. It depends on the purpose of my readings.
It is helpful if you do spells with your cards, that way, you can call on the properties of those stones.

I haven't done MUCH spellwork with my tarot -- but that's a very good point! I'll have to think about this one.

I'm curious to see the pic and if we can tell which crystals she used. :D

I can make that happen for you dahling ;)
-- the photo was right here, but i took it out just in case --

now, I'm not too hip with the crytals, I've spent my time learning other stuff before concentrating on them -- but none of those look quite like anything I've got, except maybe a red jasper...?

minrice

I keep quartz points in the same bag I keep my deck in, and I also have small chunks of amethyst instead of quartz that I'll keep in a bag with the cards. The quartz is said to purify the deck.

Sinduction

I'm gonna guess on the stones. :D

There's pink and purple agate, I can tell those right away. They are dyed stones and I don't use them for anything.

The reddish one next to the purple looks like carnelian. The green next to that is malachite.

The white and green one looks like it could be adventurine or prehnite maybe, or it's something I've never heard of.

That brownish one is probably a jasper but I can't see it well enough.

I still can't believe she wouldn't tell you. It is definitely not a witch's secret.

gorgeousbutterfly

i use moonstone and amethyst in mine and i notice improved readings. i dont have to look up meanings as much or at all anymore and i see visions, pretty amazing! the only problem they seem to need to be cleansed/charged way too often.

Katherynne

Sinduction said:
I'm gonna guess on the stones. :D
There's pink and purple agate, I can tell those right away. They are dyed stones and I don't use them for anything.
Yeah, I thought those two must be a dyed something-or-other, but even with my not-often use of stones, I don't like the dyed ones.

The reddish one next to the purple looks like carnelian. The green next to that is malachite.
That's the one I thought maybe is red jasper; it looks a lot like my piece of rj that I have. my second guess was totally carnelian, though! woo!

The white and green one looks like it could be adventurine or prehnite maybe, or it's something I've never heard of.
That brownish one is probably a jasper but I can't see it well enough.

I still can't believe she wouldn't tell you. It is definitely not a witch's secret.
haha, I know. I was kind of shocked myself.

Sinduction

I forgot to say what I use! And I don't always use them either. Mostly only for my own readings.

Mostly moonstone and selenite and clear quartz. I also like to have my tiger eyes (gold, blue, and red), and my goldstones (red, blue and green). But mostly just because I like the sparkle!

If I'm doing a romantic reading I'll whip out the rose quartz. For money, I pull out citrine. For healing, hematite.

It really depends on what your purpose for the reading is, but I think I said that already! :D

So there is a real true witch's secret! :heart:

In fact, I think if you look for crystals to use with spells, you could use the same ones for readings of the same nature.

Kahlan

I'm gonna throw in a guess too...

That pink one looks like it could be a high polished ruby to me or sugilite that I spotted on this site: http://www.newagedirectory.com/cry/crystal_picture.htm

I'm not sure about the purple.. I think the light green one could be chrysoprase.

I'm also thinking carnelian or red jasper next to the malachite

For the brownish one on the left.. I'm wondering if that could be garnet