Moldavite - does size and grade matter?

photokat

Hi,

I have a question for those who have experience working with Moldavite - how much does size and grade matter?

Does a "museum grade" piece work better? Any recommendations for moldavite shopping?

Logiatrix

PM on the way!:)

BodhiSeed

photokat said:
Hi,

I have a question for those who have experience working with Moldavite - how much does size and grade matter?

Does a "museum grade" piece work better? Any recommendations for moldavite shopping?

I'd be interested in this myself. My only options are through the internet; those pieces that I see on Ebay... Well I always wonder if they're just pieces of glass. And they're all so small for such a hefty price!

silverwings94

bodhran said:
I'd be interested in this myself. My only options are through the internet; those pieces that I see on Ebay... Well I always wonder if they're just pieces of glass. And they're all so small for such a hefty price!

I got mine from Ebay and its a pretty good size.Mine is about 1 1/4 inches by 13/4 inch wide set in a beautiful sterling silver setting. I am not a t home right now but when I get home later I will look up who I got it from and send you a PM.I paid under $25.00 for mine and its beautiful.
Kat

BodhiSeed

Thanks Kat!

Apollonia

Mine is pretty small, just about 1/2 inch x 3/4 inch by 1/8", but it is extremely powerful. It's set in sterling and can be worn as a pendant. I got it from ebay, and I don't recall offhand how much it was, but it wasn't very much, less than $20 as I recall.

Briar Rose

I feel that no matter what size, a stone is going to give off a vibration.

Now, my question would have to do with clarity. Would a stone with a better clarity give off more of a pulse vibration?

Sometimes I hand write questions like these to, Melody ( Love Is In the Earth) and she writes back.

Maybe I'll ask her about this.

What does everyone say? Would the clarity of a stone be just as powerful? And, woud the size of a stone that was larger give off a stronger pulse vibration? Excellent question photokat. Would a larger stone have a stronger pulse vibration because of size? Hmmm..I have no idea.

You know, another company that knows details like this is International Isotopes. They check stones for giving off a pulse, or any type of radioactive stuff. they would be able to tell you. Remember a few Christmas's ago I inquired about enhanced Topaz, and many stores took them off the market? I am wondering if size matters. Perhaps not, in thinking about this.

Remember, I got rid off all my vaseline glass beads because, no matter what size because they gave off radiation? I was told it was like, back room radiation. Radiation just the same. Size didn't matter.

I am thinking.....perhaps clarity would matter because a stone with better clarity would have less impurities, and those impurities wouldn't get in the way of the pulse vibration. But, do you know how intune you would have to be to notice the differences? I
would say, you would be really intune to the vibrational forces to notice that difference, unless it's a natural gift.

Excellent topic photokat. I find it utterly interesting.

photokat

I mainly asked this because Moldavite is pricey - I personally have a feeling that a 10g (approx 50 ct) piece appears to be good for healing work but that's a wild guess - saw some really nice 100+ ct pieces, too, but they're $$$$!

I did have a small piece of Moldavite set in silver before and I didn't get much from it so I gave it away. I was also wondering if silver affects the stone or not?

Apollonia

photokat said:
I was also wondering if silver affects the stone or not?
It sure didn't affect mine--after sitting with it the first time, holding it in my hand for about 5 minutes, I felt the effects intensely and continuously for about a day and a half. And it permanently raised my vibration--for the better, all in all, but it was a bit disconcerting having it happen all at once like it did.

photokat

I just read someplace how to test if the Moldavite is genuine:

Moldavite is a natural glass hardens of 6.5 to 7 on the Mohs scale where glass is about 5, it can scratch normal glass.