Pam-B reproduction by LS

roppo

I've just received a RWS multi-lingual titled deck by Lo Scarabeo from a Japanese seller. I've never seen this before and want to know more about it. It's a Pam-B reproduction and seems made by Lo Scarabeo. There's no publishing date inside or outside of the box. The format is multi-lingual. Its back-pattern is unique one, featuring the Emperor. This deck was officially imported into Japan through Nichiyu; there is the little Italian flag seal on the lower left corner of the box, and Japanese Nichiyu LWB inside the box (this LWB has a date 2003, and URL of Nichiyu-site).

Friends, please! :D

Attachments

• LSPamB00.jpg
    LSPamB00.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 367
  • LSpamB01.jpg
    LSpamB01.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 364
  • LSPamB02.jpg
    LSPamB02.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 351

Le Fanu

I think that is the edition published by Lo Scarabeo in partnership with Fabbri/Orbis publishers. It came as a series about the history of the tarot; each magazine came with a deck. We had them here in Portugal too...

rwcarter

Interesting. I recently got a number of Fabbri/Orbis decks, but not that one. I'l have to keep an eye out for it now....

Rodney

roppo

Oh, thank you very much for info, Le Fanu. I did some google work and found these Fabbri/Orbis decks were going around mainly in Spain. No wonder I didn't know! (the Japanese seller also had no knowledge : she listed this deck as Albano Waite!) :)

Cerulean

I have one Fabbri deck and it seems a little smaller

and slimmer then it's regular mass-market offerings for North America.

It was the LS Secrets though.

Thanks for the information about the magazine distributed decks!

Cerulean

Le Fanu

The Fabbri/Orbis editions are sometimes slightly slimmer. I had their version of the Sola Busca and the cards were narrower. The backs are sometimes different from the equivalent LoS-only decks. There are other small differences sometimes.

This deck, of course, has a back like no other RWS.

Le Fanu

weirdly, this YouTube video came up when I did a search;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iws4j8xIkSo

It is a block of adverts from Spanish TV and at 5.23mins you can see an advert for this Fabbri-Orbis Tarot series. Look carefully and you can see their RWS in the blue box!

Cerulean

The Lo Scarabeo Centennial "Pam B?"

Dear Roppo and others,

I have checked as of late May 2010 and compared the LS Konigsfurt Urania version with my "Pam A" reproduction.

My Lo Scarabeo really looks like the samples you posted here from the beige coloration of the grays and whites down to the Sun lack of squiggle line--my opinion there's more of a Pam B look to my LS deck.

Of course
the Sun face is a Pam A with suspicious extra yellow rays put on top so there is 24 instead of the expected 22. I will have to check other threads to see if there was an LS posting by Ric on the Sun alterations.

Of course the Japanese edition has the original PCS fonts and titles or lack of them. My LS has the different coloring and computerized fonts on every card, which I am guessing makes it "unique" enough to be different than any Urania or other RWS reprints.
and the funny Sun edits...etc.

I bought my LS from Alidastore.com.
----------earlier-------------
I ordered one and will check with my slimmer Fabbri-issued LS Secrets for size, card stock, etc. I know I liked the smaller size of the LS Secrets and the coloring--seemed richer and darker to me for some reason. Could be because it was somewhat smaller.

Since the Pam-B coloring on the Original edition printed in Belgium is a favorite Springtime version of the old deck right now...I'm glad you posted on this edition! I didn't need much to make this part of a 'birthday' selection 8).

If my LS Centennial has the same backs, publishing data and slimmer size, I'll post here--then we will all know a little better about your unique deck!

Cerulean

photokat

Wowza - you scored BIG!

Cause this baby flies for big bucks. Good for you ; )

Been trying to snag this one for a while now but it's been pulled from the market I believe....

roppo said:
I've just received a RWS multi-lingual titled deck by Lo Scarabeo from a Japanese seller. I've never seen this before and want to know more about it. It's a Pam-B reproduction and seems made by Lo Scarabeo. There's no publishing date inside or outside of the box. The format is multi-lingual. Its back-pattern is unique one, featuring the Emperor. This deck was officially imported into Japan through Nichiyu; there is the little Italian flag seal on the lower left corner of the box, and Japanese Nichiyu LWB inside the box (this LWB has a date 2003, and URL of Nichiyu-site).

Friends, please! :D

photokat

PS: Karen (with the bunny avatar) is an expert on the story on this particular edition and the copyright issues around it.

They were available in Italy and maybe Spain for one hot minute and then USG got involved and these were pulled off the market immediately.

This deck scores big bucks on the collectors market, but chances are very slim to be able to spot one.