Pam-B reproduction by LS

roppo

Today I received another Pam-B repro from Amstrerdam. It was published by Iris Bucher & Mehr, Amsterdam, but the manufacturer was Lo Scarabeo, as it is shown at the bottom of the tuckbox. The LWB's copyright is 2003. Purple backpattern and Dutch (? I'm not sure) title space at the top of each card. It seems 2003 was a dynamic year for RWS variations! :)

Attachments

• irisRWS01.jpg
    irisRWS01.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 161
  • irisRWS02.jpg
    irisRWS02.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 180

Debra

That's German. (Die Sonne, I mean, and the writing on the box)

roppo

Thanks, Debra.:)

Seems still unknown RWS species are lurking in the EU market ...

gregory

Ric posted about this once.... Call upon him ! (The back showed up in a thread.)

gregory

roppo said:
Today I received another Pam-B repro from Amstrerdam. It was published by Iris Bucher & Mehr, Amsterdam, but the manufacturer was Lo Scarabeo, as it is shown at the bottom of the tuckbox. The LWB's copyright is 2003. Purple backpattern and Dutch (? I'm not sure) title space at the top of each card. It seems 2003 was a dynamic year for RWS variations! :)
Oh PS then - I think that's the Konigsfurt licensed one that LS has also been selling for a while now.

Cerulean

Roppo's 2003 editions differ in the Sun card from the 2009 LS and Konigsfurt Urania Centenuary/Centennial at Alidastore.com

My misfortune, my mistake was thinking the LS and Konisfurt edition was the same in images and only had photoshopped titles and perhaps laminination and slight size differences. I thought coloring and linework was Pam A or B.

Roppo's 2003 editions has a Sun card with the nice original hand-written Roman numbers and at the least, 21 yellow rays...I could easily note it is a Pam B following Frank Jensens notes.

The Konigsfurt LS edition from Alidastore.com as of May 2010 has 24 yellow rays on the Sun, two being modern additions. The removal of handwritten titles top and bottom and photo-shop enhancements to PCS' designs makes a difference to me...I would say Roppo's finds of the LS 2003 editions are different than what is being sold on Alidastore's website.

I will reread and modify my posts to this thread, as my earlier modifications might seem unclear.

The only reason why is those buying the LS-Koningsfurt one from Alida could mistakenly think they were buying a rare edition such as Roppo's finds here or think the Konigsfurt-LS might be a good Pam A or Pam B. reproduction for historic comparison.

I have added the details to 78th Fool's original thread, as my impressions of the opinions of those who received pre-release and early copies of the LS Konigsfurt edition was they thought the PCS line art was identical to other available Pam A or Pam B decks out there. And I waited, saved and bought more than one copy from Alida under that impression.

Cerulean

gregory said:
Oh PS then - I think that's the Konigsfurt licensed one that LS has also been selling for a while now.

photokat

roppo said:

I have this one, too. Yummy!