NEW - L 'Eden Tarot used to be Zukunfts Tarot

Cerulean

I've been looking for Lady and Tiger deck images--I saw Marie White's images and that was a gorgeous version. Off and on, I've looked for another tarot...which I wonder does anyone have?

The writer is Maud Kristen and the painter is Alika Lindbergh. Here are some links--what do you all think?

Here are the mentions of this German deck:

1.Mystic Eye:

http://www.themysticeye.com/pics/zukun.htm

2. Tarot garden
http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/dbsearchengine.php?search_type=blob&pageenter=0

3. Jeannette or Lori from an Aeclectic costume discussion on Halloween:
There are any number of tarot decks which, IMHO, make for wonderful source materials for costumes. The result wouldn't even have to be a "tarot card" per se -- the gypsy characters in our presentation being a perfect example of using the cards as a "starting point," without actually intending them to be cards themselves.

Another deck that presents some very interesting costume possibilities is the German Zukunfts tarot -- for example, look at the "Temperance" and "Queen of Wands" cards in the sample scans.

-- Jeannette

Thanks, for any looks or commentary. It's pricey but for summer season, it might be the one German deck that I'd like to balance with the Ananda (got in a trade).

Mari H>

Cerulean

Well I went ahead...

...and this is posted for any future fantasy-oriented tarot fan. I got a very nice discount through Tarot Garden and beautiful service...since I've looked at this deck online for a few years and gave away many others, this fills a delightful void.
Urania in Germany has some beautiful decks-Ananda, Zufkunfts, and their card stock and reproduction is gorgeous. I like the fantasy figures and colorful backgrounds. It's Marseilles in that Justice is 8 and Strength is 11 and the pips have the pretty settings and colored background of the suit.

Amazon.de has two good customer reviews and a German site also touches on how Alika Lindbergh painted the archetypes and then Maud Kristen describes the text.

http://translate.google.com/transla...?q=Zukunfts+Tarot&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I don't read German, but the art from the online scans above seemed an interesting exercise for my intuition. For people with modern tastes, it may be a stronger painterly alternative and much simpler than the Rohrig or Cosmic.
The color variations to me are richer than Adrian, and it's NOT photographic, it's painted in rich, strong colors. It is not as intricate as the World Spirit. I don't know if I've seen anything similar...but anyways, I like it so far.

Cerulean

If anyone finds...Tarot de l'Eden

The Zukunfts seems to be an Amazon bestseller...anyway, Maud Kristen and Alika Lindburgh have another title forthcoming called Tarot de l'Eden...if any German buyers find out about this, please let me know!
I really find this and Ananda from Urania (got Ananda in a trade) to be very pretty and may try to work with them both in a meditative way once or twice a week...just haven't got to them yet.
Hopefully at some point a buyer hunting through Aeclectic will find this of some use....& )
Mari H.

Astraea

Mari, you have made me aware of so many beautiful and unusual decks. Now here's another one that I have to have!

Cerulean

Due in April 2004---Tarot L'Eden

Now at odd times (before December 2003), Urania's website had indicated that the Zufkundst by Alika Lindbergh would be improved and renamed Tarot L'Eden. The link is no longer active...but back in December 2004 I found a translater link that says she had translated the Ananda and Zufkundst for AG Mueller into English. The Ananda deck has been translated and released already...

Anyway, the Amazon.de lists the mysterious L'Eden Tarot to be out in April 2004. If anyone finds it in English, I'd enjoy knowing...it may come up at the AG Mueller site soon.

Thanks in advance, Amazon.com de listing below

Mari H.

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?h...ka+lindbergh&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=G

Cerulean

Update: September 2004?

Abebooks.com had one German seller advertising the deck under a new name: L'Eden Tarot. The seller advised me that there will be a French language version out about then.

I'm playing with the majors and courts and doing my favored 'decorate the plain pips' exercise in this...because I like the idea of some natural rain forest and animal
motifs... I'm hoping the new version will have bigger pictures as well.

Regards,

Cerulean Mari

Cerulean

YEAH! But may still have only pips in minors...

http://translate.google.com/transla...aniaverlag.ch/2005-1/eden.html&hl=en&lr=&sa=G

The variety of the cultures and peoples in the world forms the basis for the artistic organization of this timeless and universal Tarots of the future. A avowed goal of the considerable artist Alika Lindbergh is it to uncover with the help of the picture ark types and symbols those mental-mental samples which can connect and to a new, mirror-image-ritually riper mankind lead everyone of us with all other organisms on earth.

In its experienced instruction book to the Zukunfts Tarot Maud Kristen points the large ones and small Arkanen of the Tarots to four different levels - symbolically, mentally, vocationally, mirror-image-ritually - and presents altogether five putting systems for the practical Orakelbefragung and consciousness-shaping.

The authoress Maud Christian belongs for over 20 years to the most prominent new Age authoresses of France. Their books concerning Geomantie, runes, Tarot and Astrologie were translated into numerous languages and their articles by large French magazines and newspapers like "inch", "Marie Claire", "Nouvel Observateur" and "Le of moons" were published.

Into of Paris resident artist the Alika Lindbergh
stands as a professional painter in the surrealistischen art tradition and can with its work particularly by its ethnologischen studies be inspired. It was friendly with André Breton, Salvador Dalí and Orson Welles and lived seven years long at the side of Yul Brynner.

back to the overview

Deck order

Cerulean

Tarotgarden emailed me...maybe available come June

as an English-titled deck only though. A set with a German book and cards with the hopefully pretty gold borders could be available sooner.

An earlier edition with big white borders with a German-language deck has been around since 2002.

Best regards and hoping to see by summer 2005

Cerulean

Cerulean

French language title available...anyone order from Lamaisondutarot from France?

The kind people at Tarotgarden.com will let me know if they are receiving the German kit with the larger cards/keywords and book...or an English version, with the title in English-on-the-cards--no book supposedly with the English subtitled cards.

Tarotgarden.com does not have the French version that is advertised here:

http://www.lamaisondutarot.com/c64914p16543852.2.html

Before I try to buy the French version, I was hoping someone will let me know if they had good experience from this vendor (LamaisonduTarot).

Thanks!

Cerulean

Owlface

L'Eden

I've just received this from German Amazon. The card titles are in French, German and English, and the accompanying book is in German.

I agree, Cerulean, that there are wonderful possibilities here for costumes. My current favourites are the King of Pentacles with his lion mane and the entire Court of Cups (but then I'm a sucker for Cups anyway, and for aquamarine and turquoise). The art style puts me in mind of the Tarot of the Cat People ("exotic" people, sumptuous gowns) and there is clearly a Marseilles-influence in the deck's structure. The pips are not fully illustrated (the colours used, as elsewhere in the deck, are vibrant but the designs are plain, VERY plain). And Marseilles-type titles are used-Tower is renamed The House of God, whilst Death is, intriguingly and paradoxically, The Card With No Name. Come on, say it, DEATH, D-E-A-T-H.

I like the use of animals in this deck. I am in two minds about the "exotic" people. Also, don't like Temperance much-her turquoise skin doesn't look quite real. But my overall impression is good. :)