Wirth - Golden Tarot Deck

DeToX

http://www.oswald-wirth.de

You can see the deck here. Looks like a restored/slightly recoloured version of the 1926 deck, not a straight facsimile. Looks cleaner than the De L'Aigle but with the same line drawings.

Le Fanu

The faces looks simplified (or is it just me?) It doesn't look as beautiful as the L'Aigle version.

That reminds me I keep meaning to get that book by Mary Greer which comes with a set of Oswald Wirth cards.

DeToX

The colours are definitely simplified but not as pixelated or high contrast. However the black lines look about the same to me. I think the lines are traced but looking at some of the finer details, e.g. wings of Empress, maybe the line tracing isn't quite as 'fine'. Hard to say from the small pics. I think this new edition is easier on the eyes as some of the colour contrasts and choices on the 1926 version were a bit abrasive.

The Mary Greer book is definitely worth buying IMO for the 1889 facsimile cards in the appendix to cut out. I see the L'Aigle deck for sale for around 50USD excluding shipping and tax, a bit expensive.

Freddie

This deck looks good, but I wonder if it is sparkly gold or just flat gold/yellow coloured paint. The Oswald Wirth is one of my favourite decks.

Freddie

gregory

It says gold foil in the description. I can't see any reference to any other version. There is a separate listing for the book. Neither is available yet.

theboomz

http://www.oswald-wirth.de

You can see the deck here. Looks like a restored/slightly recoloured version of the 1926 deck, not a straight facsimile. Looks cleaner than the De L'Aigle but with the same line drawings.

This is a cool link, the way the cards flip over like that.

DavidMcCann

The faces looks simplified (or is it just me?)
I think that applies to all the modern Wirth versions. I've just looked at the photos of the 1911 cards in Decker and Dummett and their expressions are more sensitively drawn.

DeToX

I think it depends which version you are talking about. Certainly the full 78 card USG version is a different deck entirely and is rather rough and ready. You may be right in this case but I don't think there is enough detail in the tiny images to really draw any hard conclusions, but if it has been redrawn, even if virtually identically, a small amount of detail is perhaps going to be lost.