Anyone laminate their tarot cards?

lovedog

I really like my Legacy of Divine Tarot, but I don't like the card stocks quality. Anyone know how much it cost to have it laminate? Do they do it at Kinko's? Will it look right afterward? Thanks~

gregory

They do do such things at Kinkos - but while you might like the result, you might equally well not, and you can't undo it afterwards - and someone here has a horror story of a deck they had laminated and the store messed it up badly. It isn't a risk I would take.

Marcia959

You might try laminating a different deck, like a deck of regular playing cards or just a few of those cards to see the effect. I agree it's a risk to experiment with a deck you like before you know it's something you really want to do.

Le Fanu

No, never. The less plastic on my cards, the better...

WyrdRaven

I had some individual cards laminated by a professional laminator, and the results were uneven. Some were perfect but others had "blisters" on them. I'd worry even more with Kinko's.

gregory

If I wanted some done, I'd do it myself. But when I have done that - I've scanned and printed a deck to do it with ! NEVER with an original :bugeyed:

GryffinSong

I don't remember whether legacy is in print, but if it is, what's the worst that could happen? You don't like it so you buy another copy for readings. You can save the laminated copy for meditations or just for enjoyment. :)

shadowdancer

yes mine is laminated. I felt the cardstock was getting minor scratching and finger marking - it just did not look good so I laminated it. Any regrets ? No. have had a trusty laminator for years and it has not let me down. I would think about 10 decks have gone through just fine, and heck knows how many other documents.

It is a risk though - I have been happy with my results and not had any issues but can understand why some hesitate.

Davina

BeyondtheVeil

Laminate them! :)

I laminated the Housewives Tarot. It is very flimsy card stock and if I hadn't... I don't think it would have held up. I bought a laminator at Staples and did it myself. Well the front and back kind of 'laminating". I think someone said that is not laminating. lol Anyway... They still look great! It has been about 3 or 4 years. They have even been stored and moved cross country! :thumbsup:

I have no regrets at all about laminating them. I would do it all over again if I had to do it over.

Enjoy!
BTV

BeyondtheVeil

GryffinSong said:
I don't remember whether legacy is in print, but if it is, what's the worst that could happen? You don't like it so you buy another copy for readings. You can save the laminated copy for meditations or just for enjoyment. :)

I agree! That is what I thought when I did the Housewives Tarot. The cardstock was HORRIBLE, so I thought I could only improve it. :laugh: If I had messed up, I would have just bought another deck.