Children and Tarot

ghost271

I have a two year old daughter and she sees daddy playing with his Tarot all the time. She likes to draw cards and look at them or go through whole decks deciding which ones are 'scary' and which ones are 'beautiful'.
She is clairvoyent (as I think most kids are at her age) and speaks to my grandparents, and her grandfathers...and my dads dog. She has never met any of them.

My problem arises from an event that happened about a month ago. My daughter and I were in an occult book store and looking at different fairy oracle cards, and she was having a good ole time. However when we got in the car and started the long drive home, I noticed that she had 'zoned out' and had a very distraught and stressed look on her face. I had to shout her name two times to snap her out of it. I asked her what was wrong and she patted her chest (toddler sign for scared). I asked what she was scared of and without looking rapidly pointed out her window. Of course there was nothing there but farmers fields. Knowing that she was seeing something in spirit, i asked if it was a man or woman. She shook her head 'No'. I asked if it was flying beside the car. She nodded 'Yes'. I asked if it was a monster and she again nodded 'Yes'. At that point I began protective visualization, and had to do a banishing twice before whatever it was decided to stop following us.
I told my wife about it and she questioned our daughter later on. My daughter said that it was in the bookstore and followed us on our way home.

Now my question is, could whatever followed us home be of the fairie realm (since we were looking at the decks) or do you think it was something else malevolent that sensed my daughter could see it and wanted to harass her?

I couldnt help but feel guilty that I had put my daughter in that situation, and really has me questioning if I should be exposing her to the tarot and different oracles at all.

Any advice or input would be grateful.
Thanks everyone.

TidalMac Julia

ghost,

Sorry your daughter had such a frightening experience. Now, we could guess all day about what she saw, but that really doesn't matter. At her age, her verbal skills are too limited to give enough information.

What does matter is something was following her and it scared her. If it were one of my kids, I wouldn't care if it was benign or malicious, I'd want to make sure it didn't happen again.

I don't know your spiritual path, but you need to protect her from scary things that only kids can see.

gregory

Most children "see things". I really don't think you need to be concerned about this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned out to have nothing to do with the store, or the cards, or anything else. One of mine used to see giant ants a lot. That was before I got anywhere near the cards. It turned out it always happened when she had a fever. Sometimes the scariest sounding things have the simplest explanations.

I think there is a danger of reading too much into what children see. I really do. And overreacting to this by adults can frighten the child far more than whatever they saw.

ghost271

I agree with you for the most part, and I realize kids have active imaginations, but I have never seen her before look so distressed and genuinely bothered by whatever it was. She wouldn't even look out the window at it. Just pointing out the window. I didn't make too much of a fuss about it, but rather tried to make it seem not to scary in reality.

She looked so bothered in fact, I thought perhaps she was in pain or a genuine medical emergency.

gregory

If she was just starting to fall asleep, for instance... the beginnings of a dream, interrupted.... And - could she be sickening for something ?

But sure, visualisation can't hurt - as long as you don't freak HER out with it !

ghost271

Nope. She was wide awake, and ok when we first got in the car, but about 5 minutes into the drive, I noticed her countinence changing.

I guess everyone who has kids 'knows' their children.
Knowing my daughter the way I do, she most certainly wasn't herself. I have never seen her like that before or since. And we have seen her go through sickness, the flu, and teething pains.

Regardless, I wont be taking her back to the store again. I'll be making the trips myself, lest it happens again.

But I'm curious to see how many other people on here have kids and how do they react/interact with your tarot decks?

franniee

I think she saw something!

No doubt!

Whatever you did to protect her was good! Keep it up and teach her visualizations! Teacher her to call to her guides and angels to help her out.....teach her to make a bubble around her of whit e or pink light and tell those nasty things to go away!!!

As for your question.... I am not sure what it was but no matter..... get rid of it! Tell her to tell it to go away - teach her that she is powerful and she can make them go away!!!

My daughter is 7 and she is afraid at night of the downstairs... she is afraid something is coming for her.... we told her our cats would see something - I think she sees stuff but I always visualize protection around her and ask my angels and guides to keep her safe. :)

BTW I don't think you did anything wrong - keep teaching her - knowledge is power.

punchinella

franniee said:
BTW I don't think you did anything wrong - keep teaching her - knowledge is power.
Agreed!

I don't have children, but I do work with them every day and I remember being one! Putting myself in the hypothetical position of parenting, I think I would respond to this sort of situation by working on finding, or helping the child to find, guardians of her own. As a child, I know I had the "ceiling people," a family of helpful folk who followed me into every building I entered and watched me, and spoke with me, and generally kept me company. The ceiling people were quite real--I could see and hear them. The father, a police officer, could always be counted on to keep me safe.

In my work (early childhood education) a couple of times I've encountered issues with children which I thought could have been related to interference on the part of less than friendly entities and on those occasions I have asked my guardians, as I perceive them now, to step in and help protect the children in question. Not being a parent, though, I couldn't give any instruction directly to the children on how to help themselves . . . as this sort of thing could definitely be interpreted by the family as inappropriate, depending on their religious views.

I know as a child I did have the ceiling people, but I'm not sure what the circumstances were of their arrival, whether my parents (who knew about them and interpreted them as angels) had asked for them to come, or had taught me to ask, or what. Mmmn. Maybe I'll ask them next time we talk :)

punchinella

One more thing:
ghost271 said:
I couldnt help but feel guilty that I had put my daughter in that situation, and really has me questioning if I should be exposing her to the tarot and different oracles at all.
I personally don't think this has anything to do with tarot and oracles; but imo something could have been hanging around the shop, which decided to follow her . . . it's more to do with the energy of the shop, and ultimately the people who run it, than the merchandise. Which is not to say that there's anything wrong with the shop or the people in it--just, what's okay for them might not work for your daughter. I guess this was your original point, wasn't it? Well--all I'm trying to say is, take the same merchandise to your home, where you control the energy, and your daughter's experience with it is safe and non-threatening. It's the place, the people, the energy . . . not the cardboard. My two cents. :)

shamoness

punchinella said:
.... It's the place, the people, the energy . . . not the cardboard. My two cents. :)

I completely agree! Your daughter is "aware" of everything in the world around her. She will continue to see things and you will teach her to handle and protect herself. She is lucky to have you for a parent. I feel for children whose parents disbelieve them or worse, treat the ability as "evil".