The Healing Tarot: 78 Ways to Wellness

juno-lucina

I have a new tarot deck in the works with Monica Knighton illustrating (remember her Tarot of the Dead?); the deck focuses on the health and wellness aspects of tarot, specifically considering the astrological, Qabalistic, and archetypal influences--this is intended to be a practical deck for holistic health readings, as well as a spiritual guide in returning to a state of wellness.

We just put our website up for the first time--
http://thehealingtarot.com/index.htm

and started a Facebook page--
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Healing-Tarot/144211318985267

Please check out our images so far, and journey with us as we complete the deck.

(By the way, this deck is already under contract with Schiffer Books, to be released in 2013.)
Let us know what you think!
Blessings,
Juno Lucina

AJ

That Strength card cracked me up with the fat cat, and then I saw the burger and fries at it's feet. Well done :)
And congratulations on being picked up by a publisher.

BodhiSeed

Like AJ, I like the Strength card :), but also like the runner as the Knight of Wands and the Lovers holding up mirrors of each other. Very interesting deck!:thumbsup:

Alta

I had to really look at the cards at first to get the messages! :laugh: Cool.

Tibor

Interesting...especially the court cards. Does the Knight of Pentacles have his guts out on the floor???

juno-lucina

Knight of Pentacles...

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I love the Strength card, too--that and the hotdog in the Fool card make me chuckle every time :)...

YES--the Knight of Pentacles has his intestines coming out...from a health perspective, the Knight of Pentacles is both medicine (doctors and hospitals and such) as well as the intestinal tract...sometimes knights suffer in battle, so this knight got a lance in the gut (hopefully his medieval physician will be able to mend him...).

Keep the comments coming--they help tremendously! Soon we will be posting on our website an example of what the book that accompanies the deck says from a health perspective about a card or two....

Good health to you,
Juno

Alta

This is one of the most original decks that I have seen in a long time. The Lovers is particularly striking, I love the mirroring (also reminiscent to how I see the two of cups), and the Hanged Man is brilliant!!!