Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

cherryberry 
Citizen

four of swords feelings

I looked for it, but couldnt find how one could interpret feelings represented by the 4 of swords.
Is it a feeling of calm, safe? Or indifference, resting with no regard/awareness of the other preson?
cherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
PrincessPaulina 
Citizen

Of course, it depends on the situation & spread...
But overall I would interpret the 4 Swords as being withdrawn emotionally, taking an emotional time-out to think about things and sort through emotions.
PrincessPaulina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

On a personal retreat, looking for calmness and balance.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Elendil 
Citizen

Shutting down or disengaging perhaps.
Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
lisent 
Citizen

I'd also add that it could mean the person feels completely safe - where all their worries or anxieties drift away for that time being.
It's that "eye of the hurricane" feeling, but where that quiet and calm comes for the brief period with those 2 people are together.
lisent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
PAMUYA 
Citizen

I agree with the eye in the storm, but this person is alone, or needs sometime to think things through.
PAMUYA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryberry View Post
I looked for it, but couldnt find how one could interpret feelings represented by the 4 of swords.
Is it a feeling of calm, safe? Or indifference, resting with no regard/awareness of the other preson?
It really depends a whole lot on the question. But just in general, my take on it is....Swords are about our thoughts and our way of thinking. 4's for me are about completion...So just offhand I would say that the advice from this card is that the person needs to finish working out things in their mind on the issue. That they still have some thinking they need to do before they can move forward. The feelings this can lead to could be confusion, feeling fear of making the next mood (because they have not adequately prepared themselves with their thoughts). It could be any feeling really that results becasue the person has not spend enough time thinking out the issue. So they need to go back and finish thinking it out.

Babs

"Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe"
(told to me in a meditation)
SunChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
crazy raven 
Citizen

I've always seen the 4 of swords as a reflection card. It's like you're distancing yourself from something to discover your true thoughts and perhaps feelings...although swords are more intellectual. This is more a mental review of something and trying to assess all the details before one decides their next move.
crazy raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Trogon 
Citizen

Quote:
Yes!

Okay ... sorry, that's just what I first thought as I read your post. But along with what you've put here and what others have added, I would say that this could also be about ignoring a problem, hoping it will "just go away". There is also an aspect (to me) of ... oh, I wanted to say "turning your back" on something or someone, but that's not really it. These would be a couple of more "negative" aspects of the "repose/rest" theme. There are feelings of "loneliness", withdrawal from others and so forth here too. Then again, one may be having a chance to take a break from conflict here, a chance to rest before returning to the argument for example.

Also, because of the "thinking" aspects of swords, I've often thought of "writer's block" when I see this card.

Hope this helps.

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
[Max Headroom]
Trogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
wildchilde 
*Shaman and Seeker *

Quote:

this is really interesting to see everyone's different thoughts on the 4 of swords as I don't see anything that matches my own view! that's why I love this forum so much!!

for me personally, fours signify a foundational element of personality or situation, and the swords would represent ability (or inability) to communicate effectively. so in respect to feelings, I would say that this person feels confident in their ability to communicate and has/or at least feels a balance within that what they say and their body language and what they do is of one mind and clarity of action/intent.

"It is a mathematical fact that the casting of this pebble from my hand alters the center of gravity of the universe."
-Thomas Carlyle
wildchilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today