King of Wands...creative/impulsive/manic depressive?

Herzog

I assume he is highly passionate, creative/dynamic, and therefore prone to mood swings. His position as "top dog" probably adds extra stress to his life. Im guessing he suffers from extreme emotional high's and lows. Possibly manic depressive?

I'm thinking of Picasso; a moody, passionate, creative genius prone to outbursts and severe mood swings. Highly impulsive.

LH1176

I think that this card may also show someone who is very confident in what this person sets their mind out to do. He has an idea. Then thrusts himself into it. Not concerned about who he tramples on, sometimes unknowingly too. While he is doing this, he may have the appearance of the "high mood"; as they display a charming disposition to get what they want. Very, very goal oriented. A fire is lit under his a$$.

Now, he may not handle no to well. If that situation comes up, while in the midst of an endeavor. This may cause him, or his ego, to "pucker up". Then perhaps, a dogmatic attitude sets in. Now, since they are goal oriented. They may set a "side" goal to thwart the obstacle in his path.

Depending on how many endeavors he has in the fire. He eventually will become a bit burned out and may display some "low moods". Not to say that his mind may be a little bent. You only mentioned the one card.

He may need to learn the "middle of the road" thing. Everyone needs some down time too.

Thirteen

HerzogIsGod said:
I assume he is highly passionate, creative/dynamic, and therefore prone to mood swings. His position as "top dog" probably adds extra stress to his life. Im guessing he suffers from extreme emotional high's and lows. Possibly manic depressive?

I'm thinking of Picasso; a moody, passionate, creative genius prone to outbursts and severe mood swings. Highly impulsive.
I agree with your assessment of the King as Manic/Depressive and such, but I don't know if Picasso is the best example (he might be, but I need more info on him). In searching for a quintessential King/Wands, you'd do better to think of great generals, politicians, motivational speakers, philosophers and religious leaders. Also opera stars and actors--Wands are very much into drama and being the center of attention. The temperamental actor who steals the scenery and demands the spotlight be on him/her is very much a Wand.

Painters, on the other hand, often work alone, and why they're painting may not be to inspire or influence, it may be to get depression/pain on canvass. Which isn't very Wand-like. I'm not saying, by the way, that a King/Wands can't be artistic, they most certainly are, but they really want their "art" to have that inspirational influence. With Wands, it's rarely "Art for Art's sake." They would say, "I want my art to transform and change the world!" They have very grand ideas for where it's going and what it's going to do.

So why Picasso painted pictures is as important as his temperament in deciding if he's a King/Wands. Mood swings, after all, also belong to the Cups. And then, also, there are cool, almost scientific painters like Da Vinci who belong to Air. Being a painter doesn't make one a "Wand." Why and how one paints decides if one is a "Wand."

Herzog

Thanks. Ive been trying to latch on to this card for a while.

I thought of Anthony Hopkins' portrayal of Picasso. What Ive read of Picasso suggests he was an ego-maniac who thrived on drama. Socially he was a spectacle; loved to drink, make speeches and party. Also, he was rich and famous during his lifetime which Im sure only added to his ego-driven personality

The opposite would be someone like Van Gogh, who lived a life of quiet desperation

Grizabella

Why equate painters with manic-depression? I don't think that's so, really. I think a person who is highly creative can be any kind of creator. And I don't think manic depression is necessarily something they suffer from, anyway. (I guess the politically and medically correct term for manic-depression nowadays is bi-polar.)

What about writers? Sylvia Plath is one I can think of who might have been depressed, but I don't think I've seen it said she was also manic. Then there are writers who are depressed because they drink a depressant (alcohol) like Poe and Hemingway. Lots of alcoholics say they have a "dual diagnosis" because they're depressed or bipolar and that becomes evident when they quit drinking.

Whether bipolar or not, very creative people do have more acute mood swings just because of their creative cycle. I know I do, and I'm also very influenced by the moon.

This could be a very creative student studying fine arts in general.

Herzog

I totally agree. But the thing about the King of Wands is his dynamic presence. He enters a room and the place is on fire. People flock to him because he's dramatic and exciting. He's a "dynamic" artist. Im thinking more now of the filmmaker, Orson Welles. He was a leader, a great speaker, an actor who craved the spotlight and a brilliant artist on top.

Thirteen

HerzogIsGod said:
He's a "dynamic" artist. Im thinking more now of the filmmaker, Orson Welles. He was a leader, a great speaker, an actor who craved the spotlight and a brilliant artist on top.
AH! Now him I can very much see as a King/Wands. Brilliant, filled with ideas, confidence, energy--smug as well and likely to bite off more than he can chew because of it--must be in charge--but so charismatic that people don't mind giving him money, power, and their allegiance. Larger than life, a golden boy who knows he's golden, wild, indulgent, risk-taking, bold....

Good call.

hunter

For me, my favorite Leo/bipolar friend always comes up as the page or the knight, never the king.

Asbestos Mango

I don't know about manic/depressive, although I imagine that a certain number of Wands types are bipolar. I think ADDADHD would be an apt diagnosis for Wands types. I've known both a King and a Queen of Wands (currently working with the Queen) and well,

They tend to set a lot of goals and have a lot of ideas that they expect the people working for them to work out the practical details of how to get them done, and sometimes what they expect is completely unworkable, and on some level, they know it, and tend to get angry when confronted.

The King of Wands I worked for owned a business, and wanted to make money from it but didn't want to be bothered with the responsibility of actually managing it. If you confronted him with issues like, "hey, nobody's making any money, you need to do some advertising", he'd tell you you were being negative and threaten to fire you.

The Queen basically expects you to get two and a half hours worth of activity done in the space of fifty minutes, and gets quite b****y if you can't do it.

Both were great ones for cutting you off in midsentence and finishing the sentence for you , and coming up with something completely opposite of what you were trying to say.

I was glad to get shed of the King, and will be glad to get shed of the Queen the first of May.