Rosetta Tarot-Fortune X

GoldenWolf

This shows a wheel, actually a gear, with ten spokes which makes me think of the ten sephiroth on the Tree of Life. Around the rim are the Sphinx at the top holding a sword, the Hermanibus wearing a lunar crown heading toward the top, and the crocodile ( Typhon?) headed toward the bottom. The latter two are hanging on by their tails. They appear to continue to go round and round and thus up and down. Two lightning bolts like the lightning bolt path on the Tree strike on either side.

Behind the wheel is a yellow triangle with a blue eye in the middle. The center of the spokes is centered on the eye. Although the center generates all the movement, the center itself is still like the eye of a hurricane. This makes me think of the Magic Staff of Andrew Jackson Davis. There's a longer version, but the short version is basically "Under all circumstances, keep an even mind." This is where we all want to be, no longer subject to the ups and downs of the wheel of fortune.

There is shaft above the wheel with a horizonal gear with two arrows coming out pointing in opposite directions. The crook and flail from the Hierophant card (Mercy and Justice) lie at the foot of the triangle. By combining opposites such the Mercy and Justice indicated by the crook and flail or conscious reason (the yellow triangle) and intuition (the open Third Eye), we can reach that point of equilibrium.

I love how the concept of Kaph, the palm of the hand and the fist, is shown by the deck creator's palm print. It's also where people believe that their destiny can be read per the LWB. However, in the brief course I took on palmistry, our teacher told us that one hand shows what gifts and traits we were born with and bring into this life. The other hand shows how we use and develop or overcome (or fail to develop or overcome) those traits.

Babalon Jones

Picture here....

This was one card where I was glad to be working card-sized rather than larger - it allowed me to make the palm print as the background!

As a child of Jupiter, Fortune is one of my favorite cards. I wrote a poem about in it which is in the appendix of the companion book, called "Karma is the one before nothing aka Karma described in binary terms." I love the fact that it is card ten, and one and zero combine to form an axle and a wheel, or the symbol for phi, the golden ratio.

Attachments

• Fortune.JPG
    Fortune.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 83