Cosmic Tarot Question...

Frank S

Hi all,

Are there any discernible differences between AG Muller's 'Cosmic Tarot' and the US Games published version? I've just bought the (cheaper) AGM one...

Frank.

(edit. Should have read the review first. Doh!!)

sapienza

Hi Frank. Yes, they are the same deck. :) It is confusing though when they are packaged differently. I really hope you enjoy the deck, it is one of my favourites.

rwcarter

The AGM and USG versions are virtually the same. The FX Schmid version is slightly shorter (5mm) and narrower (3mm).

Marieve

The AGM and USG versions are virtually the same. The FX Schmid version is slightly shorter (5mm) and narrower (3mm).

Dear 'rwcarter' I know you said that they are the same but please confirm. Are there no copyrights on cards in USG version, as I really don't like it and many USG decks have them. I'm just looking for a back up copy of my AGM Cosmic as somehow went fond of it again.

Thank you,

Le Fanu

Dear 'rwcarter' I know you said that they are the same but please confirm. Are there no copyrights on cards in USG version, as I really don't like it and many USG decks have them. I'm just looking for a back up copy of my AGM Cosmic as somehow went fond of it again.

Thank you,
The U.S Games version is just the same AG Muller deck in a U.S Games box. It's like what they do with the Thoth.

Marieve

Thank you Le Fanu, it is just ever so confusing to me.

Rhinemaiden

I have the AGMuller Cosmic Tarot deck sold in the US Games box... (bought new/sealed)... I can verify that there are NO copyrights on the cards. :D

(I also have the older FX Schmid version, no copyrights on those cards either. :thumbsup:)

Penthasilia

I have one of the good FX printings and it is worlds better than the AGM. The colors are 100% more rich and vibrant. Incredibly brilliant- it is fantastic and well worth buying. If you can somehow ensure you are getting one of the bold printings- definitely go for it! :)

Chiriku

I don't know which version I "have" ("have" in quotes because I haven't been able to physically access it in 10+ years) but I can't imagine how this deck would work with genuinely "vibrant" colors. I got the strong impression that it was meant to be a fairly monochrome work, with a great deal of blue-shaded skin, clothes, and backgrounds punctuated with occasional shots of pink or yellow.

I can't imagine what it would look like in bolder color. Perhaps some of you who own the FX version as well as the AGM one could post comparison scans...that would be most appreciated.