"Thank you" IS NOT FEEDBACK

prudence

edited (Sept.18, 2013)~just to point out that when I made this thread I was not a moderator, and so what I was moved by in making this post was sheer dismay at so many people coming to Your Readings, getting tons of generous help, and then giving back nothing. An even exchange of energy and effort is what Your Readings is set up to be. When it happens evenly on both sides, it's a beautiful thing. :)
Hi Alta and Sulis

sorry for an off topic thread, but I was just thinking maybe it could help if a thread title spelled this out in a simple and direct way, that those who do not actually read the posted rules for this forum might understand what is expected of them. Perhaps people will see this on the main page of Your Readings and take note.

While I am at it, "thx" is also not feedback. :rolleyes:

eta~ in the thread linked below, amanda04 gives proper feedback to all of the members who have given her their interpretations of her reading.

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=181989

One does not need to agree with an interpretation to give proper feedback, simply acknowledging the interp and explaining why it either does or does not relate to the subject/situation at hand is all that is expected.

Kgirl

Some of us would just be happy to get a response to a thread they created :laugh:

But yes I agree ... it's not feedback. On a number of occasions I have not received any feedback at all. In fact, I've had instances where the poster before me and after received feedback and I was skipped altogether. A bit rude, especially when you take the time to try to help them.

Padma

Some of us would just be happy to get a response to a thread they created :laugh:

But yes I agree ... it's not feedback. On a number of occasions I have not received any feedback at all. In fact, I've had instances where the poster before me and after received feedback and I was skipped altogether. A bit rude, especially when you take the time to try to help them.

I have had this happen to me too - or else the next person comes along, quotes me and agrees, and then THEY get the feedback! How rude! ;p Prudence, thanks for addressing this! And Kgirl, thanks for bringing that up, too ;)

lotus2blossom

Agreed. Sorry to anyone I may have missed. Sometimes the posts all blend together so much that it's easier to just say "Well this is my situation..." and give one big general post of it.

And yes, sometimes (actually, probably more than just sometimes) I'm just happy to have ONE response to a thread I created. ;-)

prudence

Maybe I'm too harsh, but it really ought to be considered an abuse of the Your Readings forum to create new threads here when you have older threads in which interpretations were given that are languishing with no feedback.

poppiesrossi

I didn't realize that we are suppose to give feedback on these threads.. maybe others aren't as clear about it. A sticky would be nice though.. about the etiquette of leaving feedback for those who respond. I know in reading exchange it's more understood that is how the exchange works.. but it really isn't implied here.

Just a perspective from who's new to the forum :)

kglyphics

I'm almost certain Feedback is requested in the rules. I've been ostracized (lol sorry mods) for not providing enough feedback when I first joined. I'm not sure why those who said "TY" only weren't ostracized. I'm sure some mod would have told them.

Padma

oh and...Prudence...And Alta...and Sulis...Now that we are on the subject of feedback...I just remembered this one, which happened to me a few days ago. (Me being - oh - A#2.)

Q: I read this in the cards! It disagrees with me, but I think this! Can you make my cards agree with me?

A: no, I think this, and it doesn't agree.

A#2: no, I don't agree, I think this.

A#3: I don't agree. You can't make A mean B.

A#4: yes, I think you are right! It should be the way you want it to mean! even if it doesn't mean that! I still think I agree with you!

Q: (ignoring A#1, A#2, and A#3) thanks for your feedback, A#4! Wow! You are so right! That is *exactly* what I thought! So I must be right! And the cards are wrong! Better yet, we have twisted the meanings until someone said they meant what I wanted them to mean! Wow! A#4, you are awesome! Thanks for agreeing with what I wanted to hear!

Man, I hate that. :( just sayin'.

Padma

I didn't realize that we are suppose to give feedback on these threads.. maybe others aren't as clear about it. A sticky would be nice though.. about the etiquette of leaving feedback for those who respond. I know in reading exchange it's more understood that is how the exchange works.. but it really isn't implied here.

Just a perspective from who's new to the forum :)

There *are* sticky's and rules posted there. :)