"Thank you" IS NOT FEEDBACK

poppiesrossi

Your perspective as a newbie to this forum is valuable. I disagree with the above quote, however. Many people here and in the sister sub-forum, Reading Exchanges, know quite well about the rules because they haunt these two sub-forums trying to squeeze out as many free readings (often on the same subject/question, over and over) as they hope they can get away with.

"Free" means they didn't expend any effort to get the reading they're after, and here in Your Readings, that effort is adequate, well-thought-out feedback.

Despite the best efforts of the conscientious moderators here (and yes, they often DO call out people who willfully try to get away with leaving inadequate feedback), users and abusers remain. It's human nature to try to get something for nothing; that's why we need moderators and conscientious posters like the people in this thread to try to enforce better behavior. Sometimes it's an uphill battle.

Well it's also great getting a perspective from someone who's been here awhile and knows the frustrations that people face by being part of this community.... but I have also found users and abusers exists in every forum no matter where as well as trollers. Usually they end up leaving or being shut out by others for their own selfish behaviors.. but I do think some are genuinely not aware and are still learning too. I find this community to be very helpful and everyone I have come across so far have been very generous with him or herself. Anyways I hope to continue to partake and give as well.

But yes I can see how people can easily abuse the free readings and not offer anything in return. That is unfortunate.

prudence

No worries ;)

Although I am new to this forum.. I have been a forum participant on many other boards for years.. what I know is that most people gloss over the rules.. they skim them.. and forget them entirely.. I would even dare say that they don't read them...

see how long those rules were... it's really easy to forget or miss a point... and also what the rules are and how the posters actually work the threads are two totally different things. Most just jump in and do what others do... learn by others.. so if you do have say for instance where most are not leaving a feedback then new people probably won't because that person thinks it's the norm..

also how you come across to others can be helpful.. there's saying.. hey guys feedback is appreciated than.. you know it's really rude if you don't leave a feedback.. because most probably don't realize that it's what is expected. I don't think most people here have intentions of being rude.. probably just ignorant of the rules or the etiquette. That's what I am trying to say.
What I said a few minutes ago addresses the concerns you've just shared, so I'll copy/paste it here ~
I think most of us have had the same issues when we first began posting in this forum, not fully understanding the rules, or missing a few posts in our own threads that need feedback etc, that stuff isn't really the problem. It gets frustrating when it is a running pattern with members who frequently and continually post readings in the YR forum asking for help when they have countless older threads with interps that have not been given feedback.

poppiesrossi

What I said a few minutes ago addresses the concerns you've just shared, so I'll copy/paste it here ~
I think most of us have had the same issues when we first began posting in this forum, not fully understanding the rules, or missing a few posts in our own threads that need feedback etc, that stuff isn't really the problem. It gets frustrating when it is a running pattern with members who frequently and continually post readings in the YR forum asking for help when they have countless older threads with interps that have not been given feedback.

I understand and thanks for the clarification :)

willowfox

This feedback issue has been an issue for years and that speaks for itself, that basically nothing much can be done about "making" people "obey" the rules.

Personally speaking I do generally receive "feedback" but there are many "thank you" onlys mixed in there, and now and again I receive "bad" feedback, people complaining, being rude or just being plain as*wipes. Of course there are some who ignore my interps because they obviously didn't like what I said, and a few who disagree venomously because "it doesn't fit what they think of themselves".

For people to think about before they s*** on me and some others, you guys selected your own cards.

Now I keep a blacklist of ill performing members.

Padma

Of course there are some who ignore my interps because they obviously didn't like what I said, and a few who disagree venomously because "it doesn't fit what they think of themselves".

...you guys selected your own cards.

I have to agree, WillowFox - this was what I was trying to explain earlier, on page one of this thread. You don't get feedback - or polite feedback - unless you agree with what the questionner wanted to hear. Which is why I don't go often to the Your Readings site. I don't believe it is helping the others to learn the cards if all they wanted to hear was what they *wanted* their cards to mean.

Incidentally, just wanted to tell you that I have often read your posts there, because you seem to often be the only voice of reality in there...and I commend you for your commitment, because you are there, regardless. Teaching, and helping. That's awesome, and more than I can say for myself.

Grizabella

There used to be someone in Your Readings who would post wanting help and then no matter what others would interpret, they'd argue with it every time. lol Now, that's not feedback, that's just contrariness. I finally quit posting on their threads. They got downright indignant---after asking for the help they got!

I even had one person cordially invite me to never post in her threads again. lol I was happy to oblige. I hadn't realized I was going to irritate that person by my comments.

Padma

There used to be someone in Your Readings who would post wanting help and then no matter what others would interpret, they'd argue with it every time. lol Now, that's not feedback, that's just contrariness. I finally quit posting on their threads. They got downright indignant---after asking for the help they got!

I even had one person cordially invite me to never post in her threads again. lol I was happy to oblige. I hadn't realized I was going to irritate that person by my comments.

People hate the truth. And that is the truth. ;p

lotus2blossom

The truth is that the only person that is ever going to allow you to feel irritated is yourself.

Change your expectation or change your actions... otherwise you continue to "stay on the wheel".

My point being -- yes, its a learning community, but it's your own responsibility and ultimately not that of a moderator, set of rules, or anyone else to be sure that you don't get irritated by someone else on the forum or whether you feel that you are given enough information to learn and grow by. If you don't find what you are currently experiencing, then rather than get mad or irritated then make a change by setting your own boundaries and expectations. Know what you want and set the tone so that you are sure to receive that.

This is perhaps why I've participated on and have done more involvement on the Reading Exchange forum instead. There, I can set my own guidelines from the beginning. With this set up, there is bound to be more conflicts.

Realistically, the person who starts the thread is always the person who "sets the tone" and expectations for that thread. They are predominantly the ones in control and can basically choose to do as they wish because they opened the thread so they can easily provide full feedback or not. This particular forum is more set up with a base of "helping the person who started the thread to understand their cards" more than "helping the people who provide interpretations".

So basically, if there are people are coming in to this particular forum to really seek a full "feedback" and "exchange" rather than to casually offer some additional interpretations and discussion of the reading and not expecting much in return, then it's probably a good option for you. If not, then reconsider your choices.

missy

I meant like a big sticky with bold.. Please leave feedback for those who respond to your posts...

not everyone takes the time to read the rules or if there are many.. might glance over them and just go by what everyone does..

as it stands what I noticed in the week I have been here.. many threads get maybe one or two response.. and no feedback is given from the OP although some do take the time to respond to you.. so for someone who has not been here awhile.. it might seem like the *standard* thing to do.

I do not regularly post in this forum.

Yet, when I visited here recently, the first thing I did was to stop and read the rules of the forum.

It was clear to me from reading them that feedback was expected for every person that replied to my reading.

I don't know how much more clear they can make it. They also state that "Thank you" is not considered feedback. They are also very clear about time limits with regard to feedback. One is expected to leave feedback in a very timely manner after receiving a post in one's thread.

lovehalo

I always try to post feedback. I didn't even know it was in the rules, I just did it.