The Hobbit Tarot - The Empress

La Force

LWB said:
Bilbo and Gandalf are united in the deepest bonds of spiritual love with their fellow companions on this great Quest.

Gandalf points with the forefinger of his right hand, showing us the direction the companions are to take, or has he just spotted someone or something coming over the horizon?

We are here in this place, reminded of the tremendous power of spiritual and earthly love. Which has motivated life itself, and expressed itself in innumerable forms.

Divinatory meaning:

Harmony, creativity, sensual pleasure, and abundance

I have attached an image of the card.

This is a very unusual way to portray the Empress card. I will need to take a day or two to wrap my head around this image. This is one of the cards where the image doesn't follow the divinatory meaning. working on it. anyone who has any thoughts for it in the mean time jump on in. I will still post my thoughts.

La Force

Pictorial Key to the Tarot said:
The card of the Empress signifies the door or gate by which an entrance is obtained into this life, as into the Garden of Venus; and then the way which leads out there from, into that which is beyond, is the secret known to the High Priestess' it is communicated by her to the elect.

Old attributions of this card are completely wrong on the symbolism - as, for example, its identification with the Word, Divine Nature, The Triad, and so forth.

What I have come up with so far intuitively, is this; Gandalf is the Empress here in this card. Bilbo and Gandalf are united with their fellow companions on this great Quest. Bilbo and the two companions are sitting on rocks. They look to be discussing their next course of action and direction they are going to take on this journey. One of the companion looks to be in deep thought, the other looks to be listening attentively and Bilbo looks to be talking, communicating his ideas / thoughts. While Gandalf points with his forefinger of his right hand, showing which direction they are going to take.

Again like in the Magician, High Priestess cards, we have two tress on either side, like pillars, the balance of masculine and feminine a symbol to me of this group uniting and coming together as a team. (Thoughts and Emotions). The sky is cloudy, as the sun rises over the hill, clearing the clouds away. Clarity in the situation and open communication.

Divinatory meaning:

Initiative, action, communication, direction, instinct, intuitive, length of days, clandestine, the unknown, also difficulty, doubt, ignorance.

The ability of people to work together with each other, rather than at odds with one another.

Personal development of progress

A willingness to listen and to cooperate with others

The ability to make the right decision, when there isn't time to think.

Attachments

• The Empress.jpg
    The Empress.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 84