Connolly study?

c0de

Is anyone interested in a Connolly Tarot study? I think it will be a great deck for all christians (or non-christians alike) to study.

Chronata

sure! I would be interested!
I have a weird relationship with this deck, that borders on sheer ambivilence...and yet I use it all the time in my readings for the public.
I would be curious to see what others feel about these cards.

c0de

ok how about we work on guidlines for it ???

inanna_tarot

ohh i'm interested, though i dont actually have this deck yet, i can always be persuaded!!

If this space looks interesting I'll join in :)

Sezo
x

Indigo Rose

I am all for it too. I have the deck and her 3 book series on the deck, but I have only read through part of the first book.

MoonMaiden

Nothing new on this topic? I have the Connolly deck and try as I do to vere away from it, just to see if I would like anything else, I always come back to it. Anyone still interested?

Sophie-David

Hi MoonMaiden

Yes, I would definitely be interested. When do we start? :)

Its my first deck and still my only full deck for reading - I'm not ready to use Legends for that yet. Like Chronata, I am somewhat ambivalent about it. I like the bright intense colours and optimism, but I'm not so keen that some of the more "difficult" cards have lost their edge. And I find Eileen's commentary in the Apprentice book overly dogmatic at times - but that's more easily ignored. ;)

Cheers
David

MoonMaiden

We can start as soon as you would like. I used to pay attention to what Eileen said about the cards, but would find that it didn't follow what I had intuited from them. So now I am just tuning in and going with the flow, so to speak. How shall we proceed?

Sophie-David

I am currently maintaining the index for the Legend study group. If you would like me to do so for Connolly I would be willing since I'm all practiced up. :) Please take a look at the Legend Index to see if that would be suitable.

I just add to the index as we discuss new Legend cards or related topics. Of course anybody can start a thread, there's no formal membership. I check the Study Group forum regularily, but if I miss something a PM will get me back on track. If you would like me to do this, I would prefer if the thread always started something like this so I can find it easily: "Connolly: The Fool", etc. - but I promise not not to whine if someone does it differently... :)

We don't follow any particular order of discussing the cards in Legend, just whatever strikes our fancy - would that be OK for Connolly?

David

MoonMaiden

Seems good to me. Thanks for pitching in. It will make things more organized.

The main prob I have is that reading books to see what other people think the card means overrides my making the card personal. If I can put something of myself into it, it becomes sort of "my card" instead of someone's elses card.

I know what you mean about the "difficult cards". I was just pondering about the Devil versus Materialism. I can't begin to say what that means to Connolly, but I do know what it means to me, so I think I'll start there.

Thanks, again! :)