Green Witch Tarot

Simple

Have you guys heard of this deck? It's coming out in September by Lewellyn, written by Ann Moura. I don't have any of her book but the artwork is great!

MoonGypsy

Oh absolutely! i think there is already a thread somewhere listed.

i have this deck on my wish list and am pre-ordering it soon.

Also, the book is sure to be GREAT, as i have been an admirer of
Ann Moura for years and years....i have read and have all of her books...)O(
i highly recommend her books to peeps new and old to the Craft. [i have been
in the Craft for most of my life...]

Madrigal

MoonGypsy's right there is a thread on it. It should come up in a search.

Aeric

The deck looks lovely, but I'm more interested in seeing exactly how the symbol and image choices sync up with the ideologies of Green Witchcraft described in Ann Moura's books.

Her books are popular but she has very specific tenets, symbols, correspondences, rituals, etc. in her Craft, with some aspects exclusive to it. It's a similar situation to Doreen Virtue's Angel Tarot tailored to her very specific style and brand of angelology.

Decks such as this run the risk of being deflated and reduced to just another pagan deck with RWS Abrahamic symbolism removed. If Moura's Tarot can embody her Green Craft well, it would be extremely valuable.

MoonGypsy

The deck looks lovely, but I'm more interested in seeing exactly how the symbol and image choices sync up with the ideologies of Green Witchcraft described in Ann Moura's books.

If Moura's Tarot can embody her Green Craft well, it would be extremely valuable.

That is what i am hoping for too, Aeric...)O(

journeyinghome

I couldn't find the other thread about this deck, so I'll post here :)

I am thinking this will be a love or loathe deck for me. But the Ace of Athames has confirmed that I will certainly buy it, absolutely adore that image. And the Moon card too.
The Sun card reminds me a bit of Monica Knighton's work, which I love. But that Judgement card - don't like it at all. And the building in the Ace of Pentacles - doesn't quite seem to fit right.

I haven't yet read any of Ann Moura's books - must put that on 'to do' list :)

Simple

I haven't read any of her books either. So I wonder if the deck will follow RWS tradition closely or it'll be on its own tradition. Does anyone know? I saw 8 of wands and it was nothing to seem to be "fast coming potential". I love the art though. But I want to use a deck to read! :D

MysticMoonlight

I have a couple of Ann Moura's books and I enjoyed them...I'm very excited about this deck and hope that it's not a disappointment. It looks to be right up my alley and just my kind of thing...fingers crossed!

moonbear

Just found this on Amazon and got really really excited (A Green Witch tarot...how cool would that be!)

But I was so disappointed when I saw the images. Not knocking the artwork or anything, the colours are beautiful, but it looks as if they are aiming it at a younger client base.

I need to connect with the cards and I'd struggle with this :(

Aeon.of.Horus

E X C I T E D !

I can't begin to explain how excited I am about this deck.
I found it online a few months ago and I have been following its progress.

This deck for sure will take pride of place on my Alter.
It is in my top 3...

Here is a link..

http://kirileonard.com/project-tarot-deck/

If someone could be so kind as to link us to the page on Aeclectic that would be kool.

I can't seem to get there on a search it comes up with this page and then...

Showing results 1 to 25 of 397

397 pages is a lot of sifting.
lol

Aeon