Green Witch Tarot

Aeon.of.Horus

Just found this on Amazon and got really really excited (A Green Witch tarot...how cool would that be!)

But I was so disappointed when I saw the images. Not knocking the artwork or anything, the colours are beautiful, but it looks as if they are aiming it at a younger client base.

I need to connect with the cards and I'd struggle with this :(

REALLY Moonbear.... You think???

These are classic Celtic looking cards...

Are you sure you saw the right ones...

Or maybe I am of that younger spectrum you talk about..

Oh wow thank you hehehehe

http://kirileonard.com/project-tarot-deck/

these?

Miss Divine

I pre-ordered this one.. even though I can't stand Llewellyn cardstock. The images are just breathtaking!

Scarlet Woodland

I've pre-ordered this one too and impatiently awaiting release day :) Love the images.

DaughterOfDanu

I was super excited until I looked closer at the cards and noticed that they may be sugar coating "negative" cards

For example: http://kirileonard.com/green-witch-tarot-3-athames/
"Traditionally the 3 of Swords is a card with a difficult message. The Rider-Waite illustration has a heart suspended in the air pierced by 3 swords, however the Green Witch Tarot differs and have a more hopeful symbolism."

I can't see how the artwork (Although beautiful) in that card illustrates grief or heartache and for me that's a deal breaker. I don't need "hopeful symbolism" I need reality.

I've enjoyed decks where the cards meanings have been tweaked and changed but I need balance in my tarot.

It's a shame. As a green witch, I've been wanting a deck like this.

Aeon.of.Horus

Disappointing....

I was super excited until I looked closer at the cards and noticed that they may be sugar coating "negative" cards

For example: http://kirileonard.com/green-witch-tarot-3-athames/
"Traditionally the 3 of Swords is a card with a difficult message. The Rider-Waite illustration has a heart suspended in the air pierced by 3 swords, however the Green Witch Tarot differs and have a more hopeful symbolism."

I can't see how the artwork (Although beautiful) in that card illustrates grief or heartache and for me that's a deal breaker. I don't need "hopeful symbolism" I need reality.

I've enjoyed decks where the cards meanings have been tweaked and changed but I need balance in my tarot.

OH.....
:(
How very disappointing!
Why are people so scared of the reality of life?
I totally agree with you there Treeleafe a good tarot needs balance and in Yin there is Yang. So why change the model that was designed specifically for that purpose. I hate it when I get readings that i know someone has just polished up to sound good or to sound like what I wanna hear. I DON"T wanna hear this I WANNA HEAR THE TRUTH, no matter how harsh it is. How else can I change or watch out for something major that is about to enter my life to create havoc and mayhem, if I am blinded by positivity.

Thank you so much for this Treeleafe....
I think that I shall hold off for now and wait until the reviews come out on youtube to give it a full assessment. But I think my love for this deck is now broken. Such a shame too. Beautiful artwork in a useless deck.

Aeon

Aeon.of.Horus

I need balance in my tarot.

Well I for one have just emailed her asking her to change it back and any others that she saw fit to change.

Here is her email ... kiri@kirileonard.com ......

Please everyone we must stand firm on this if we want this deck to be both beautiful & usable...

Unless Kiri sorts this out I for one won't be buying it :(

Aeon

Aeon.of.Horus

3 Swords image change...

Here is the email I sent her...

Hi I really wanted your Green Witch deck until I saw that you saw fit to change some of the negative imagery into more hopeful images???
Eg...
3 Swords!
Why?
You have created a beautiful deck but because of this decision of yours rendered it utterly useless to us readers!!!
You really need negative in the cards Kiri because life is full of them.
What others have you changed ? 9 swords 10 swords 5 Swords are all these nice fluffy useless images too?
Sort it out girl or you will lose many customers and make many people angry in the world of Tarot.

Please listen and change the image (s) back to their intended .... Please....
Thank you

Aeon

Aeon

Scarlet Woodland

These decisions actually weren't hers to make... the deck creator decided on all the imagery and the artist painted what she was asked to.

Aeon.of.Horus

These decisions actually weren't hers to make... the deck creator decided on all the imagery and the artist painted what she was asked to.

So.....
Then who do we email?

I am quite sure she will pass on the message....

Scarlet Woodland

Ann Moura is the deck creator, though Llewellyn are more likely to listen to the commercial argument rather than being offended.