Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Happy Squirrel card

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Resident

Alaanya Crae 
Resident

Talking

That is one of my favorite episodes. I always remembered an extremely over dramatic gasp and a look of pure fear and loathing (although not in Las Vegas, just Springfield lol, sorry bad humor) I would think the Happy Squirrel card should be a wild card, a representation of the unforseeable in any circumstance. Its neither good or bad, just an irony.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #101
Resident

Alaanya Crae 
Resident

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelin

Perhaps we are taking the happy squirrel too literally, as in "blessed are the cheesemakers"

LMAO.......shouldn't we be blessing the mink now? Happy squirrel offset by the Sad Mink......or Naked Mink.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #102
Citizen

stefficus 
Citizen

i, too, remember her response as being far more dire than a gasp and a coy remark. maybe some of us shifted into an alternate reality while watching that ep... um, several years ago. *grin*

as for squirrels, i can't believe nobody has posted this story yet: http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/...iceStreet.html
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #103
Citizen

retrokat 
Citizen

Bump!

Just a quick note to mention for anyone researching the Happy Squirrel that there's one in my new deck Touchstone Tarot. Yay for Simpsons
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #104
~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 
~ Collector of words ~

Ratatosk

When I think of the happy squirrel I think of Ratatosk from Norse mythology. Ratatosk lives in Yggdrasil, the tree of life, and he has fun running up and down the tree, He delivers messages from the eagle at the top of the tree to the serpent at the base of the tree. But he deliberately misinterprets the messages to cause confusion and strife between them. He reminds of the Intriguer (don't know what you call him in English) in the Asterix comics, the little Roman guy who can cause fights everywhere to his own benefit.

When I use an animal oracle deck I think of the squirrel in much more positive ways. I actually love the little critters
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #105
Citizen

Sphinxmoth 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrokat
Just a quick note to mention for anyone researching the Happy Squirrel that there's one in my new deck Touchstone Tarot. Yay for Simpsons
It's the deciding factor card in whether I will get the Touchstone or not (no decision about it, yet). How *much* do I want/need a Happy Squirrel card? Pretty much. Just an historically-missing Major. If it hasn't been in the tarot, it probably should have been. It must have some relationship to the Fool.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #106
Citizen

ArwenNightstar 
Citizen

Ok, y'all made me laugh so hard soda came out of my nose! HAHAHAHA.

I now know WHY Kat put a Happy Squirrel in this deck. I just unwrapped the cards and was flipping through them.

There I saw it. The Happy Squirrel card...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #107
Citizen

ArwenNightstar 
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel came up in a reading I did for myself today. I used a spread Peridot designed and Kat's Touchstone tarot. I will post the reading later today on my blog so I can include some scans of cards.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #108
Dreaming...Professionally

Chronata 
Dreaming...Professionally

That is so cool! I love when decks have a Happy Squirrel! The Touchstone may have to become my next purchase!

My Masquerade has one and so does the Complete All Hallows....

and man, that little bugger comes up a LOT!

It's still...oddly enough...a card connected to Real Estate in readings that I do...or for planning for a financial future.(which I am not so good at doing!)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #109
Citizen

Sphinxmoth 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronata
That is so cool! I love when decks have a Happy Squirrel! The Touchstone may have to become my next purchase!

My Masquerade has one and so does the Complete All Hallows....

and man, that little bugger comes up a LOT!

It's still...oddly enough...a card connected to Real Estate in readings that I do...or for planning for a financial future.(which I am not so good at doing!)
That's funny- an' sort of natural, I guess, squirrels squirrelling away things in their little caches the way they do. cool
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #110

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.