The Same Cards

Dan Tarot

Welcome my friends

I want to share with you my experience since i started my journey with tarot and ask you:

How many times has this happened to you to pull out the same cards of tarot on different question?

For me it is happening very often especially when my subconscious want to pay attention to something important. It was the most helpful when i had "worse day" in my career when i just could not see and read anything from my spread. Even then i just know what it is coming.

Yesterday i had my client who asked me about his next business trip. The The question was exactly: Will i be satisfied with my next business meeting?

After question he pulled out the cards:
The Hermit - The High Priestess (R) - The Temperance (R)

I answered his question and then he asked: Will they be (clients) satisfied with our business meeting?

After that he shuffled cards and pulled out:
The High Priestess - The Hermit (R) - The Temperance

The same three cards but reversed change to upright and conversely.

It was easy to read for me, but it is always funny to see how incredible is power of our subconscious and mind :)

So, what is you experience of this? :)

(sorry if i did mistakes with English language) :thumbsup:

Farzon

I have made the experience of stalking cards as well. Different decks, cards drawn at random from the fanned deck...

In your case though it seems like your client

1) put the three cards back into the deck together
2) shuffled not sufficiently
3) pulled the cards from the deck after reversing the whole pack or the stack in which the cards where.

Did you read with majors only by the way?

Barleywine

I encounter this most often with a new deck that hasn't been thoroughly mixed yet, or with the situation where the last layout wasn't sufficently "shuffled in" to disperse the previous sequence and orientation. One way around this potential is to use a "fresh" deck for any follow-up reading; another way is to do a preliminary shuffle yourself before having the client do it. In your case, if neither of these conditons apply, reading it as presented I might see the repetition as a sign of alignment or convergence between your client and his associates, although perhaps with some underlying reservations. Considering the reversals, those associates may be "playing up to" your client, telling him what he wants to hear. Something for him to keep his eyes open for.

Dan Tarot

I have made the experience of stalking cards as well. Different decks, cards drawn at random from the fanned deck...

In your case though it seems like your client

1) put the three cards back into the deck together
2) shuffled not sufficiently
3) pulled the cards from the deck after reversing the whole pack or the stack in which the cards where.

Did you read with majors only by the way?

I encounter this most often with a new deck that hasn't been thoroughly mixed yet, or with the situation where the last layout wasn't sufficently "shuffled in" to disperse the previous sequence and orientation. One way around this potential is to use a "fresh" deck for any follow-up reading; another way is to do a preliminary shuffle yourself before having the client do it. In your case, if neither of these conditons apply, reading it as presented I might see the repetition as a sign of alignment or convergence between your client and his associates, although perhaps with some underlying reservations. Considering the reversals, those associates may be "playing up to" your client, telling him what he wants to hear. Something for him to keep his eyes open for.

Hi :) there was no possibility to inadequate shuffled cards because he unfolded the whole deck on the table after long shuttling. :)

The point was not bad shuffling but the same card in similar question and reversed position :) it was jus a example. I'm working as a professional with tarot so many years that i saw almost everything.. :)

I'm just wonder how often it is happening to you :)

IndigoViolet

Usually I do not have place to shuffle efficiently, and the lost tarot of Nostradamus really isn't the card that you will be able to cut and shuffle efficiently. I cut then briefly and choose wherever position I pick the cards. It works wonders and so far it was always on point.

And it was interesting as well that there really are situations that one card occupies more than one position. By instinct I know, and that I dont have to pick extra for that space. This was because partly, it was a position for solely two cards that already synthesis each other into just one card, like a ying+yang spread. But since situations vary from position to position in most spreads, chances are, that a extremely large percentage of time the same card in multiple positions will almost never ever occur, not only to spreads, but in real life too.

I know this is a different answer, and the situation is not exactly the same, but hope it helps

Dan Tarot

Usually I do not have place to shuffle efficiently, and the lost tarot of Nostradamus really isn't the card that you will be able to cut and shuffle efficiently. I cut then briefly and choose wherever position I pick the cards. It works wonders and so far it was always on point.

And it was interesting as well that there really are situations that one card occupies more than one position. By instinct I know, and that I dont have to pick extra for that space. This was because partly, it was a position for solely two cards that already synthesis each other into just one card, like a ying+yang spread. But since situations vary from position to position in most spreads, chances are, that a extremely large percentage of time the same card in multiple positions will almost never ever occur, not only to spreads, but in real life too.

I know this is a different answer, and the situation is not exactly the same, but hope it helps

I know what you mean, that what im talking about, even if u shuttle card well, even if i have enough space to unfolded all cards i always had situations when one or more cards shows more than once with the same client... :)

SunChariot

Welcome my friends

I want to share with you my experience since i started my journey with tarot and ask you:

How many times has this happened to you to pull out the same cards of tarot on different question?

For me it is happening very often especially when my subconscious want to pay attention to something important. It was the most helpful when i had "worse day" in my career when i just could not see and read anything from my spread. Even then i just know what it is coming.

Yesterday i had my client who asked me about his next business trip. The The question was exactly: Will i be satisfied with my next business meeting?

After question he pulled out the cards:
The Hermit - The High Priestess (R) - The Temperance (R)

I answered his question and then he asked: Will they be (clients) satisfied with our business meeting?

After that he shuffled cards and pulled out:
The High Priestess - The Hermit (R) - The Temperance

The same three cards but reversed change to upright and conversely.

It was easy to read for me, but it is always funny to see how incredible is power of our subconscious and mind :)

So, what is you experience of this? :)

(sorry if i did mistakes with English language) :thumbsup:

Well, for me, I have been reading over 15 years now and I think what you described happened once to me. It was in the beginning when I first started out as a reader. So pretty much almost never.

The cards have different ways of letting me know if there is something they want to tell me personally that I haven't asked about. Usually in 1 of 2 ways. Either a card or two will "accidentally" stay in the pouch. I only notice when I go to put the deck back. When that happens I always take it as a message that the cards want to give to me personally about my own life. So that happens sometimes.

OR I will see a feather (usually a whiite one) in my path. That is a sign for me that the universe has something it wants to tell me. Then I will go home pull out my cards and ask what it is.

Also. what i get a lot is that the querents who contact me for readings seem to always be facing the same issues that I am currently. So when I read for someone else, I also tend to learn valuable life lessons for myself. It's like the ones who are facing similar things to me seem drawn to me. Uncanny how that always seems to work out that way. So, in that sense, I guess the same cards do not need to come up twice for me, as I learn personally from each reading I do to help someone else.

My personal take on it, for what it's worth, is that it's not related to your subconscious mind but that divination is a communication with the divine/however you view that but something that is very real, storng, loving, and wise that we can connect to intuitively and that wants to answer us.

Babs

Dan Tarot

Well, for me, I have been reading over 15 years now and I think what you described happened once to me. It was in the beginning when I first started out as a reader. So pretty much almost never.

The cards have different ways of letting me know if there is something they want to tell me personally that I haven't asked about. Usually in 1 of 2 ways. Either a card or two will "accidentally" stay in the pouch. I only notice when I go to put the deck back. When that happens I always take it as a message that the cards want to give to me personally about my own life. So that happens sometimes.

OR I will see a feather (usually a whiite one) in my path. That is a sign for me that the universe has something it wants to tell me. Then I will go home pull out my cards and ask what it is.

Also. what i get a lot is that the querents who contact me for readings seem to always be facing the same issues that I am currently. So when I read for someone else, I also tend to learn valuable life lessons for myself. It's like the ones who are facing similar things to me seem drawn to me. Uncanny how that always seems to work out that way. So, in that sense, I guess the same cards do not need to come up twice for me, as I learn personally from each reading I do to help someone else.

My personal take on it, for what it's worth, is that it's not related to your subconscious mind but that divination is a communication with the divine/however you view that but something that is very real, storng, loving, and wise that we can connect to intuitively and that wants to answer us.

Babs

What you said is interesting to me. I think that each of us has different ways to talk with subconscious mind (or The God/divine). I am also sure that the way we communicate with this power depends on our intuition and soul. I wanted to share with you my experience with Tarot because i know it is unique for me. From the first time when i used tarot cards i just knew that they will always talk to me in this specific method. It was so clear to me that i did not have to read all this guides, books or articles on internet. Through connection with my subconscious mind my predictions were so good that in the first month i was even afraid of this. After 5 years many things change but not the way how they talk to me.. :) it is amazing

Grizabella

Between readings, I deal my deck out into three or four piles and then collect them back together. This assures that the deck truly is randomized and not just shuffled too few times. This method not only makes sure the deck is really randomized, but it also saves time. I read a post here once that said it takes at least 11 shuffles to randomize a deck, so just doing a one-time deal is quicker and I've found more efficient.

Dan Tarot

Between readings, I deal my deck out into three or four piles and then collect them back together. This assures that the deck truly is randomized and not just shuffled too few times. This method not only makes sure the deck is really randomized, but it also saves time. I read a post here once that said it takes at least 11 shuffles to randomize a deck, so just doing a one-time deal is quicker and I've found more efficient.

As i said before, the wrong shuttle it is not the point of this discussion. Imagine that once i pulled the same card for similar question from totally different tarot deck. I think this is enough good answer to this.