Barley's New Deck Personality Profile - Invisible Light

barefootlife

Trying out the spread Barleywine just debuted here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=271911. Well, mostly. I'm a nosy sort, so I did *both* options for part 2, just to see what would happen.

This is what happened:

Heart (Fire) - vitality and core virtues
Chariot + 2 Fire (tone), Ace Fire (personality)

This deck literally has a fiery heart. Personality-wise, it's all about intuition, passion, and the courage to go after what you want. It's a free spirit. In tone, there's a definite sense of 'go-get-em!', tempered by the Chariot's reminder that there are things we can control and things we cannot. It doesn't promise what the universe can't deliver, but its advice leans toward taking action and control of whatever's in question.

This deck has a good heart, but also a passion for truth. It's not trying to please everyone, and demands to be heard.

Voice (Water) - fluidity and expressiveness
Page Earth + 4 Water (tone), 3 Earth (personality)

In personality, the voice of this deck is straightforward and down-to-earth. It's reassuring, but emphasizes doing the work. In tone, the Page of Earth is trustworthy and sincere, and very enthusiastic about the concept of exploration, especially of sensuality. 4 Water points out that many things are a half-empty-or-half-full situation, and that if you're feeling listless, either it's time to look at what you have with gratitude and fresh eyes, or get out there and do something about it if you find things lacking.

I can trust what this deck tells me, and it's usually going to tell me to 'do the work'. However, the answer is in the work, not the card. It doesn't just cough up answers, and each card needs to be examined for its positive and negative aspects.

Challenges (Air) - the most difficult aspect of the deck
5 Fire + Queen Air (tone), Knight Fire (personality)

This deck projects a very confident and active personality, full of self-confidence and often working to motivate. On the other hand, it's a very intense deck, and unlikely to take any bull. While the Knight of Fire is patient with failure, the Queen of Air's discerning eye isn't going to just let sloppiness slide. This deck needs to be readied, aimed, and fired, not just casually tossed for fun. It demands discernment and expenditure of energy.

Strengths (Earth) - coherence and solidity
5 Earth + 4 Earth (tone), Ace Air (personality)

This deck is clear-minded and focused, with a sharp sense of intellect. It has clear ideas and pathways for expressing them. However--big however--it's so grounded that it's possibly too grounded. Given that Earth and Air are poorly aspected, though, I'm going to say that while Earth blunts the sharp focus of the Ace of Air, the Ace also shakes up some of that inflexibility and insular nature of Earth. Still, an intellectual deck with a definite air of stubbornness.

Also, if I take out my 'extra' cards and read the quint according to Barley's original intentions I get 5, Hierophant. In the LWB for the deck, it describes the card as 'a teacher who provides space for you to get real with yourself.' Fits pretty well with the personality of the deck, no?

As a whole, I have to say that this reading is extremely in line with my experience with the deck, which I've been using heavily and pretty much exclusively for an entire week. Personality-wise, it's very action-oriented to the point of being a bit forward, but it's also a deck with the best interests of the querent in mind, and it leans toward the balance of mind-body wholeness quite heavily.

Nice spread, Barley!

Barleywine

And a very nice run-through! I'm seeing that the spread lends itself to a fairly concise explanation of each combination and overall "personality profile" summary. I like the "ready-aim-fire" metaphor, and elementally the deck comes across in this profile as quite well-integrated. It would seem to give finely-tuned output of a very practical nature.

I only have 48 more decks to put through it. :)