Series - Charmed!

cheekyminx

Last night the episode of Charmed showed Chris playing with Tarot cards. He pushed all the cards out (like a big fan) and then picked up a card. It was "Judgement". I thought it was about time the show incorportated some Tarot into it :)

Has anyone seen this episode? If yes, would you remember what deck it was?

Melissa`

I didn't see this episode.. :(

But I have seen one or two others that they used tarot cards. Page used them in the first season she was brought onto the show (I think it was the first season). She was using what looked like a worn set of RWS cards. Though I could be wrong. :)

Melissa

spoonbender

I didn't see that episode either, as the season with that Chris-guy isn't out yet in Belgium. I don't even know who Chris is, actually... Last episode I saw I think involved Leo getting blown up...

I remember Page drew cards back when Phoebe was dating Cole - I remember the Lovers came up and I think Death too (it was only Major Arcana). The deck definitely wasn't RWS then, but one I had never seen before.

Spoonbender

TemperanceAngel

cheekyminx said:

Has anyone seen this episode? If yes, would you remember what deck it was?
Yes me too, saw it last night, would like to know what deck it is too :D

Kissa

There's at least one other episode of this series where a tarot deck appeared, according to Tarot Totes database on "tarot in film and television". See: http://www.tarottotes.com/item.asp?IID=43

Hehe, and while you're there, you can browse those gorgeous bags they offer too. For example, go to the "One of a Kind" section and guess who has the Radiant Sunburst right next to the computer screen at this very minute :D ...

Kissa

Luminessence

spoonbender said:
I remember Page drew cards back when Phoebe was dating Cole - I remember the Lovers came up and I think Death too (it was only Major Arcana). The deck definitely wasn't RWS then, but one I had never seen before.

I remember that... I don't think it was only Major Arcana, because I believe the three cards she got were The Lovers, 3 of Swords, and Death. It was an odd deck... I didn't recognize it either.

MeeWah

I saw this episode at another time & was unable to recognize the deck. The cards appeared to be larger than the standard deck size & may have been created just for the occasion.

Some time ago, I also saw the use of Tarot cards on another series, "PSI", which looked like the RWS but not quite. On this occasion, their size also seemed larger in proportion to the other objects they were placed with.

Grigori

Mystery Uncovered

I saw the same episode myself and loved the deck (It was the one with the spider demon, and the episode started with Chris in the club, using the cards).

I did a big search and it looks like the deck is another pretend one from the folks at Charmed.

The backs come from the Golden Rider deck, you can see them here:
http://www.learntarot.com/gwdesc.htm

The judgement picture shown definately isn't from the Golden Rider deck, and given the unusual symbolism (a young man, some scales, and what looks like two people hanging like fish at a market), it's probably a made for TV image.

Very dissapointing!

Shade

Season 1 comes out on DVD in February.

huredriel

Season 7 has just started on Living TV in the UK. This has to be my favourite programme! I think there's only one programme from the last series I haven't seen.