Suggestions needed re headaches

Woof

Lately my migraines have been a bear.
Does anyone know if there are any crystals or herbs that help ward them off or help get rid of them?
Whenever we have major barometric changes I know I'm in for a bad headache and we've been having lots of ups and downs here lately.
Thanks for any info.
Woof

Kyrielle

Amethyst is a good stone. You can also try some of the other lavender stones, or maybe something cooling like aquamarine.

Lavender, peppermint, and grapefruit are good essential oils. Some people also like basil oil. Play around with these oils until you find a pleasing combination. When you get a migraine, put a few drops on a tissue and either lay it over your face or sniff it.

Kyrielle

Fulgour

...just an aside, but believe it or not, a good
Chiropractor can make a wonderful difference.

voice of experience

Ruby Red Slippers

Shin Jin Jyutsu, a Japanese accupressure method -
Hold your thumbs, either one or in sequence until you feel your heart beating in the thumb. This will indicate that your channel has been opened. All of our accupressure points can be found in the hands, so this is an easy remedy that can be done anywhere!

Also dietary things can influence the severity of your headaches. Have you ever kept a food diary to determine your particular trigger? I know it is hard, and the best way is to restrict everything from your diet except rice and vegatables, (no corn, grain etc) for a week and gradually add back one thing at a time. Laborious, yes, worth it? Only you can tell.

Light and love to you.....May your headaches ease from your body and may your karmic ties to them be cut NOW and forever!

Blessings,
RRS

Moongold

Woof ~

Another migraine person here. I guess you've had them checked out medically?

Chiropractic and massage can help immensely. It is interesting that you identify barometric changes with your migraines. One of the causes of migraine can be dilation of blood vessels within the brain, and this is a curious association.

I must confess I haven't achieved a cure - just a great decrease in the numbers, and the best thing for me now is simply to take a powerful painkiller like Mersyndol and go to sleep for a couple of hours. It always works.

One thing that has helped me quite a lot is the drinking of more water. A natural therapist at work told me that most of us are chronically dehydrated. I always have a water bottle on my desk now and feel curiously better.

This isn't minerals or herbs is it? My best wishes anyway.

Moongold

CreativeFire

Hi Woof

I don't suffer from really severe migraines or headaches, however I do get quite a few tension or stress headaches after a long day at work.

What I have found that works really well for me is a Lapis Lazuli pyramid - about 3cm square on the base and lay down and place this on my forehead with my eyes closed. After about 10 - 15 mins I notice that the headache has certainly decreased if not gone all together - depends on how bad it is - sometimes it takes longer. Apparently Lapis has been used for thousands of years by the Egyptians for migraines and headaches.

I also agree with the others that chiropratic and massage can certainly help in a lot of cases!

Hope you find something to help with your headaches.

CreativeFire

Woof

Thanks for all the replies.
Moongold, the first time I got the aura I did have my eyes checked to make sure it wasn't a detached retina and they agreed it was just migraines and sent me on my way w/o any prescriptions. I haven't bothered with a doctor since because they're usually not debilitating. I hate taking drugs and figure, maybe incorrectly, that otc meds probably have fewer side effects. If I catch them early enough two pseudophed and two ibuprofen are often enough to get rid of them. Problem is if I don't have any with me or sometimes I just kind of ignore it until it's too late.
Ruby Red Slippers, Monday, the day I had my worst migraine in 30 years, I had a diet soda. Probably my first in about 10 years. I was at the zoo and was probably dehydrated as well. I've been sucking down the water ever since. And I'll never have another diet soda! I've also been trying to get some daily exercise.
Kyrielle and Creative Fire, I'll try to get a lapis or amethyst pyramid. Don't know about the essential oils. Sometimes strong smells trigger them or make them worse.
Thank you again for all the replies.
And I know I should see a chiropractor it's just......
Woof

Aura Wolf

Amethyst!! Just place it on your third eye. Also good for sleep :D

poivre

How about a good old foot massage?
Whenever anyone has headache or leg pains I suggest foot massages. Just something to think about.
I never drink diet pop or anything else that as sugar substitutes, they make me feel upset.

Hope your feeling better!

Red Emma

Headaches

The herb feverfew pretty well got rid of my tension headaches, and it's supposed to be good for migraines. (My headaches were so severe that I up-chucked any thing I ate until the pain went away.)

Some sources say that you have to take it for several days so it can build up in your system. For me, it worked right away. I've not talked to anyone else who used it, so I don't have a reference.

I'm not sure where to get it. A holistic doctor I was seeing had some in liquid form. I would suspect that it would be available in at least some herb stores, or the natural foods section of grocery stores. At least in the U.S. I'm sorry that I didn't check where you lived before I posted this.

A few years ago I put three tiny plants in my herb garden, and the little beasts re-seed like mad. In my case it doesn't matter. They are lovely and I use them for bouquets and the like. Their fecundity could be a problem for others.

By the way, while the leaves and the blossoms (small, daisy-like)are lovely, the herb tastes vile. When I took it, every morning I put mayonaise and about three leaves on a piece of brown bread and folded it in half then ate it. Still not pleasant, but very, very much better than those sickening headaches.

Best wishes for a clearer head.