Cards that indicate self-blame/blaming others

obsidian_queen

Hey ppl :)

I did a self-reading about a particular situation I had recently where things didn't work out with someone I was seeing, and I felt like I'd been taken for a ride. I did a Celtic Cross (using the Revelations Tarot Deck) and in the position designated for how the querent sees the situation, I drew the Fool reversed. For some reason the very first thing that popped into my head was "I feel like a fool". In the negative sense that is, where humiliation at being naive plays a role. I felt like I trusted this guy and got burned, and I'm not likely to take a risk with him again..and for me, this meaning stuck.

That being said, it got me thinking, since I feel as though it's my fault I wasn't more cautious, what other cards can indicate that the querent is feeling self blame? Conversely, what cards demonstrate a tendency to blame others?
For self-blame so far I've got:
Fool Rx
9 of swords
8 of swords
....still thinking of others because I KNOW there's more

For shirking responsibility for an issue/placing blame on others
10 of wands Rx...feel like this meaning applies in tandem with another card though.

It just occurred to me that certain COMBINATIONS of cards would also indicate the types of blame and I wondered if anyone has any suggestions to those as well. Any ideas?

wizzle

The Devil is the "blame someone else" card par excellance. That is, after all, his traditional meaning. He is all the evil in ourselves we can't face up to, so project onto others. That's why he IS so evil. Since we refuse to "own" that energy, we can't control it in any way. He also let's us justify our nastiness because "they" make us act badly.

obsidian_queen

yeah wizzle! that's an example that's so obvious I feel like kicking myself. Good one!

sagitarian

Wow, I have such different interpretations to all of the above.

Fool rx - You knew you were taking a chance, a leap of faith in the beginning, not sure of what was going to happen, knowing that you didn't really trust the situation. You decided to gamble on this 50/50 chance. You took a leap of faith into the unknown, and from this, you've gained experience, and wisdom.

*It has NOTHING to do with acting like, or "being" a fool (imho).

Devil - The devil is simply a representation of self indulgences. Drugs, drinking, staying out too late, over eating. He simply offers us our greatest of pleasures, and we choose to take him up on this offer. We choose to be "chained" to our negative habits, and self indulgent pleasures. At any time, the woman or man in the card can remove the chains and leave the Devils mountain. It's a card that reflects either a cold heart truth, that you are over indulging, or it's a card recommending that you go out to have a little fun, it wouldn't hurt to self indulge a little bit. Regardless, the devil is the reflection of "guilt". Guilt is a result of doing something that we know we shouldn't do, yet we love our chain of pleasures. This can be self destructive. The Devil teaches us how to overcome self indulgence, and be able to control our desires.

Hope this helped.

Sagitarian

feticeira

My take on the 10 of wands rx is totally different, I once got this and it meant I was the one blaming myself and taking on the responsibilities of others, not the other way around.

gollog

to me selfblame could also be the 8 of cups. Feeling dissapointed by yourself or others and trying to leave it all behind.

obsidian_queen

Um..could one of the court cards in the suit of swords be seen as self-blame / blaming other people if reversed? Queen/King of Swords maybe? I only say so because I think of these 2 as having the power and the tendency to "judge"..both others and themselves, and usually when they're upright they're being fair and level-headed... so a queen of swords reversed...could it represent a woman who is mentally exhausted, unable to think clearly, bitter and overly critical of herself or others depending on the surrounding cards? Not too sure of the King though.

obsidian_queen

Um..could one of the court cards in the suit of swords be seen as self-blame / blaming other people if reversed? Queen/King of Swords maybe? I only say so because I think of these 2 as having the power and the tendency to "judge"..both others and themselves, and usually when they're upright they're being fair and level-headed... so a queen of swords reversed...could it represent a woman who is mentally exhausted, unable to think clearly, bitter and overly critical of herself or others depending on the surrounding cards? Not too sure of the King though.

sagitarian

I'm just curious, why are you looking for cards of blame? are you looking for your personal readings of self blame on purpose? I personally don't see judgement in the cards at all, it's how you interpret them that makes them judgmental. You can use any card at all if you wanted to, for self blame, it just takes your own perception into manipulating it into that.

Instead, I look at the cards as teaching me something, not blaming me, nor even self blame. I look for what experiences and wisdoms do I have to gain from my readings vs where I screwed up, and how bad.

I absolutely mean no offense in this post at all, instead, I'm a little concerned about your emotional and mental state at the time being. It seems as though you are obessed with this self blame, when instead, why not look at it as lessons learned, and wisdom gained?

Queen of swords represents a woman who is self confidant in her life experiences and studies. She is intellectually challenging yes, but I don't see that as "over critical", or even judgemental. In fact, she would rather teach someone the knowledge that she feels dear to herself, such as plato, or shakespear, or maybe even how to decorate your home. She's a student of life, and knowledge in general, a bookworm. In rx, I read it as, implied internally, that you feel confident in your studies and knowledge, and your not ready to share this with anyone right now, but perhaps you've come across something new that you are absorbing your time with, in studying. Sometimes she can represent a hypochondriac, or a drama queen, but she believes it's "real" due to her own mentality, or perception of reality.

I really don't believe that you should take all the blame in what went wrong. It takes two people, and just b/c you fell for someone that ended up hurting you, doesn't mean you deserve all this blame. Afterall, do you really want that karma? B/c by doing so, your taking on the responsibility of what he did, his actions, and thus making it your karmic responsibility to be "punished" for the actions he did upon you. That's not exactly fair to you, in my opinion. Please, let go of this blame, your not at fault, so what, you made a decision and it didn't go well, it doesn't mean you deserve all this. Please, take good care of yourself, that means mentally too, not just physically ok?

Sagitarian

iseekserendipity

the 10 of Swords often speaks to me of blame in connexion to feeling sorry for yourself. i see feeling sorry for yourself as often seeing yourself as victimized and hence you "indirectly" blame others (since it's "never" the victim's fault! ;o))