Daughters of the Moon aka DOM Study Group - Shakti - Life Dancer

WhiteRaven

Discussion is open for Shakti, Life Dancer....(The World)

FantasyWorld

She sits and ponders at this card on a cold rainy day and thinks this:
This card reminds me of some Strega's I know, very comfortable being "you", very high self-esteem, high but grounded.
Can do anything your heart desires.
Go with the flow.
In touch with your psyche.
Like the song;Ain't no mountain high enough,LOL.
She's a reminder that it's OK, what comes around goes around, it will be alright, just trust yourself and try.
Close your eyes and "feel" the moon and stars and wind around you, they guide you and help you, listen to them.
Don't be afraid of trying new things or of yourself.

Ok, she's done now, she has to return a book to the library:)

WhiteRaven

The moon in the background would depict "cycles"...If you look there are 5 stars that are much brighter and come out more on the card...5 is Spiritual number so I've been told (quite a bit for that matter..lately) The lush green dress she wears....there are some that would consider that fertility and abundance...

Water which runs underneath would represent the emotion.

I'm not quite sure what I feel about the snow capped mountains in the far right hand side of the card in the back (horizon)...

any takes on that?

FantasyWorld

WhiteRaven said:
I'm not quite sure what I feel about the snow capped mountains in the far right hand side of the card in the back (horizon)...

any takes on that?

Hum...Telling herself not to quit her day job (night job in her case,LOL)
maybe the water below her is coming from the mountains,melted.
Far off place
As above, so below
warmth-cold
Moonlit mountain tops
head for warmer land

Ok, so some are silly but that's what came to mind:)
Off to work I go, hi ho hi ho...

WhiteRaven

ok folks...where is everyone else that had posted an interest in this deck?

Ace

This is woman at full Moon. A person at the top of their form, bigger than life. The phases of a womans life are maiden (waxing Moon), Matron (full Moon) and Crone (waning Moon). She is the matron. Life at Prime. Celebrating her stenght and exerting her power on the World.

I see the various terran as her crossing all boundries, being all things.

I may have the book around, but I can't get my hands on it right now. I would rather work without it.

But tell me one thing, WhiteRaven: they do not number their cards for the major arcana, is this considered equal to the world?

Ace

Duh. I went back to the other thread and saw Fantasyworld's comment that this IS the World equivelent!

WhiteRaven

Ace said:
This is woman at full Moon. A person at the top of their form, bigger than life. The phases of a womans life are maiden (waxing Moon), Matron (full Moon) and Crone (waning Moon). She is the matron. Life at Prime. Celebrating her stenght and exerting her power on the World.

I see the various terran as her crossing all boundries, being all things.

I may have the book around, but I can't get my hands on it right now. I would rather work without it.

But tell me one thing, WhiteRaven: they do not number their cards for the major arcana, is this considered equal to the world?

Yes, it's the equal. It tells you in the book. They have also taken out the Emperor and as you must have noticed you have two Lovers cards...
We are kind of going backwards and I'd like to start at the beginning. So in the next thread we will begin with the "Dreamer/Fool".

FantasyWorld

I ordered the book from Half.com. Hopefully it will be here within the next two weeks or so:)