Daughters of the Moon aka DOM-Strength

WhiteRaven

This is the 7th card in the Aether Arcana.

Let's start by discussing the imagery and then bring it into a discussion of the meaning of the card.

Discussion is open........

:)

WhiteRaven

Bumping

I think I've lost everyone in my group! :(

FantasyWorld

Ok, assuming we are still doing this:D
I will get the ball rolling...

I like this card.
I have no clue what is around her though, a wall of some sort???

She is very confident and calm. She has her bow/arrows either to hunt or for protection or both. She is one with nature and the animals. What is that blue at the top, mountains???
I guess she's standing at water, it's kinda hard to tell.
It looks like they are taking a break or planning their next move.
She seems to be African and tribal... Does the armband (bracelet) represent anything?

Ace

FantasyWorld said:
I like this card.
I have no clue what is around her though, a wall of some sort???

I find this card rather stagnant. A pose rather than an action picture. I think she standing on a river bank, with a slope behind her. It isn't very well drawn. This is with a lioness, who hunts for the pack-NOT the lion who does very little but eat, sleep and make little lions. I see this as a celebration of women, that we too can hunt and "bring home the bacon."

In a reading, I would see this as a reminder of what a woman is capable of. If the person is having trouble dealing with life or feeling burdened, this is a reminder that they are indeed able to cope and do for their families.

Sorry, I missed the discussion of this one, been off forum for a day or two!

WhiteRaven

Ace said:
I find this card rather stagnant. A pose rather than an action picture. I think she standing on a river bank, with a slope behind her. It isn't very well drawn. This is with a lioness, who hunts for the pack-NOT the lion who does very little but eat, sleep and make little lions. I see this as a celebration of women, that we too can hunt and "bring home the bacon."

In a reading, I would see this as a reminder of what a woman is capable of. If the person is having trouble dealing with life or feeling burdened, this is a reminder that they are indeed able to cope and do for their families.

Sorry, I missed the discussion of this one, been off forum for a day or two!

I tend to agree with Ace in regards to it's meaning. It's really stricking how the male figure, even right down to the lion vs lioness, has been removed from this dect.

FantasyWorld...I have no clue what she has on her arm. I don't think it's a wall. I think it's just part of the landscape. It's not one of the clearest cards in the deck in regards to symbology, other than the woman and the lion.

WhiteRaven

Are we ready for the next card?