Thoth 2005 by Urania Verlag

Jeannette

Release Update

We just received word from our Urania Verlags supplier that the estimated release for the "laser Thoth" has now been pushed back to "Fall 2006."

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

thinbuddha

Fall '06. Well, I really didn't need to buy *another* thoth deck right now anyway.

Any other details?

price?
languages?
extra cards?
sizes?

Jeannette

Unfortunately, the lines of communication between the publishers, the distributors, and the dealers are not always optimal. It's been somewhat difficult to get useful details at this point. Right now, most of the UV products (deck/book sets) we've been able to get ahold of have been running in the US$ 36 range, if that helps any.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Kissa

from urania verlag website, some details about their mysterious upcoming deck, but the labour is long and painful...

Aleister Crowley®
Original Crowley®-Karten
78 Tarotkarten
Soft-Stülpschachtel
Format Karten: Luxe 9.5 x 14 cm
Ca. Euro: 25.–/CHF 44.70
ISBN 3-03819-051-9
Auslieferung: Januar 05

this is the normal mass-market version: 78 cards in standard cardboard box, they measure 9.5 x 14 cm (Luxus) and should cost about 25€ (44.70 swiss francs). ISBN 3-03819-051-9 Publication: January 05 !!!!!

Aleister Crowley®
Original Crowley®-Karten
78 Tarotkarten mit AGM-Hologramm
auf allen Rückseiten
In kostbarer Klapp-Box
Format Karten: Luxe 9.5 x 14 cm
Ca. Euro: 36.–/CHF 63.–
ISBN 3-03819-052-7
Auslieferung: Januar 05
Limitierte Luxusausgabe

Limited DeLuxe edition in clap-box (can someone help me out there? is it like the german Margarete Petersen redwine box???), 78 cards with AGM-hologram on the cardbacks. 9.5 x 14 cm. About 36 euros /CHF 63.–
ISBN 3-03819-052-7 PUblication: Januar 05

well we're soon in January 2006 and i am mad that they didn't include the three magi because my favourite is NOT the regular one, and i am really curious about the hologram they seem to be so proud of. will your reading be interrupted by AG Mueller advertising? will the cardbacks look like the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix or any soccer/ice hockey match where there are brands everywhere your eyes turn???? just wondering...
which won't stop me from buying it when it finally comes out!!!

kissa

EDITED TO ADD: "Fulgour wrote this already in the very first message of this thread, you dumb a**!!!" (Kissa to herself, slapping own forehead)

TomTom

New digitized Thoth

Hi, Kissa.

Eine kostbare Klapp-Box is a precious and luxurious box fitting the deck, being rectangular. This box will probably be made out of wood - I think - similar to the craft boxes one can find at "Michaels". The top of it will have a lid with hinges and maybe a lock in front. Klapp or klappen means clap or clapping. Wenn you let the lid fall down onto the box it makes a clapping sound. For most of my decks I used these boxes, painted them and decoupaged cut-outs onto them from the original cardboard boxes they came in.
I hope this helps a bit?

Take care and happy holidays from TomTom :)

Ukkonen

News update from the Warburg Institute

I was informed that the conservation project on the original Thoth-paintings began in 2005, it is not clear when the project will be finished. However, it is unlikely that the paintings will become accessible to public viewing even after the conservation -- the paintings are in a really poor condition, and conservating them merely puts an end to deterioration, but won't bring them back into 'good shape'.
*disappointed, but glad they did get fundings after all...*
-tero

ZenMusic

any update on the release of this newly scanned Thoth?

Jeannette

The last estimate we got from our supply connection for this title was October 2006. But it's really anyone's guess. All I can say is that we've got it on order, and it's not here yet.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Zephyros

Wow, ZenMusic! Thanks for reminding me! Yes, has anyone seen this ellusive deck?

Fulgour

"Ain't it cool?"

Jeannette said:
...it's really anyone's guess.
This all reminds me of the movie Broken Arrow...