good time to start a family?

moonspirit

hi

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with vedic astrology.I know that I fit my vedic placement of cancer sun and scorpio moon.....(very emotional and shy.) more than my western placement. I would like to know how the planets are affecting my life right now and if this is a favorable time to have children. thanks so much : )

my b-day is july 26 1977 born in los angeles CA USA at 7:15 AM

Minderwiz

Hi Moonspirit

Thanks for your query. I'm not sure if we have any Vedic practioners but to perhaps get the answer underway, I'll kick off with some issues that might help get an answer.

There's really two questions in one here - what's going on now and secondly is it a good time to have children. The second can be particularly difficult to answer unless there is a clear understanding of what you wish to know.

Perhaps you could give us a little more insight into what your concerns are - are you thinking of starting a family and have concerns about getting the timing of conception right, or that the pregnancy will go well or are you concerned about the wider circumstances which surround the decision to try for a family?

Hopefully, we can try and help you on this one.

Kaylee Marie

Hi Moonspirit,

I also prefer the sidereal zodiac for myself, and am just starting to dabble in electional astrology. I'm at work right now and don't have access to my chart software, but I'll look into your question over the weekend.

Since I'm new at this, I'm wondering if I should look at the time you should conceive or the time the child should be born? Both I suppose, since they are related.

I guess we should focus on your fifth house, the house of children and creative productions. Knowing your husband/boyfriend/sperm donor's chart would also be helpful, since the two of you are going into this together. The right time for you may not be the right time for him.

Does anyone have tips on how to do this kind of chart? I readily admit that I am new to this arena and much of the above is guesswork.

~Kaylee

moonspirit

some history

A little bit about my history. I'm entering my 4th year in remission from lymphoma. So the years before were really hard with heavy treatments and recovery.I also have some serious anxiety issues which i attribute to my sun in cancer. I still have not regain all my strength.....(as it was before) but this happens sometimes with chemotherapy and radiation patients and was told I should not worry. I get checkups usually every six months(one coming up soon in feb) I was told that because of my age when I got treated that I should have no problems conceiving.

Because I plan to start trying now I wanted to know if this year altogether, is a good time. Financially,Physically etc.I guess I was also wondering how the planets are affecting my life right now. Things have seem to slow down some( in a good way) and I remember an vedic astrologer telling me years ago that around this time( i think) I would be entering a good period after some years of hardship.....I'm looking for some positive changes which I'm beginning to see .......I hope : )

my husband's date of birth is september 2nd 1979 born in Santa Cruz CA. at
10:55 am

I really appreciate this, Thanks so much! : )
If you need any more information just let me know.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the background Moonspirit. I'm going to do some thinking about the approach to take, to ensure a careful and considered response. As I said before there are at least two quite distinct issues - what's the rest of the year going to be like and should you try for a family now. If the prediction was that the rest of the year would be terrible, would you give up on trying? The rest of the year is simply the length of your pregnancy, assuming you conceive in the next couple of months so is it worth postponing the attempt just for the short term?

Also the best time to conceive may not coincide with the best financial and physical conditions. So in a sense you need to make a decision now about priorities or at least try to secure an answer in stages. For example you could start with a horary question such as Will I conceive in the next twelve months (or any period you choose). If the answer to that is yes, then you can move on and look at the other external conditions surrounding your life.

Another thing you need to think about is that I, and I think others here, tend not to use vedic techniques so if you want a vedic reading you might be disappointed. I certainly wouldn't want to try and use unfamiliar techniques on something as important as this - but if I can help I will.

moonspirit

Ahhhh I see : )

well i'm working on a starting a family now. So Its been decided.I guess I was wanting to know what the year would be like for me and see how my enviroment would be during my pregnancy(assuming I become pregnant this year) I have heard that western astrology and vedic can work together and so If a vedic chart is not possible I wouldnt mind a western one. Maybe I can find a vedic astrologer or site and ask the same question and compare. It would be interesting to see the similarities(if any) between the two.

Minderwiz

Thanks Moonspirit, that gives a fairly clear response. Do you still want to ask the question, Will I become pregnant this year?' as this is perhaps the key to looking at the environmental issues for the rest of the year.

moonspirit

yes :)

Yes! That would be great. I didn't want to ask too for too much! I know this can be time consuming. Thanks so much!

Minderwiz

OK I'll take a look and get back to you tomorrow

Minderwiz

It's not widely known but some signs are also classified as fruitful, and others as barren. Not all signs fall into these categories, the remainder being neutral. Now if the chart featured signiicators in fruitful signs this would be a clear indicator of likely pregnancy. Obviously if it features barren signs then the likelihood would be no pregnancy. In this case, luckily no barren signs have any role but only one fruitful sign is involved.

The Ascendant of the chart was Libra and thus you are signified by Venus, which is a good symbol in the circumstances, though Libra is a neutral sign. At the time I cast the chart Venus was in the fourth house signifying that you were at home. Venus was in Capricorn, a cardinal sign and Angular, which is good. Although Venus in Capricorn is not strong (symbolising your health I would guess) it was in the Terms of Jupiter and Jupiter itself was in Venus’ sign of Libra. So there is some support for you from the greater benefic. Jupiter is in the first house symbolising your wish to expand your life at this time and indeed is an indicator of good health at the moment. Thus Venus has some strength for the ‘endeavour’. Because the question relates to motherhood, I’ve taken the Moon as a co-significator for you. The Moon is in dignity in Cancer – the fruitful sign.

The placements of Venus and the Moon seem to bear out what you’ve been told. You are fertile and there is no reason why you should not conceive.

The fifth House which concerns children is ruled by Saturn in the chart. Saturn is in Cancer – the fruitful sign, which is of positive significance for the question. Saturn is also in the tenth House which is a strong placement and the tenth is the house of the mother, it also rules Venus in the fourth. So there are some linkages between you and the ruler of the House of children

However Saturn is not happy in Cancer and is also retrograde which weakens it somewhat. Moreover Venus is applying to an opposition with Saturn, which isn’t a good indicator. Before this opposition can be perfected the Moon will first itself oppose Venus and then move to a conjunction with Saturn but not before aspecting a series of other planets. If I take the Moon as your co-significator this conjunction with Saturn would indicate that there is a good chance of the pregnancy this year. The weakness of Saturn’s position and the other aspects that the Moon makes might mean that there are some difficulties, problems or other events that will have to be dealt with first.

My feelings are therefore that pregnancy is quite possible this year but is likely to be in the latter part of the year once you have got a number of other issues out of the way. Looking at some of the texts by William Lilly, he says that if the Lord of the fifth (Saturn) is in the tenth house then it will be the third year before a pregnancy occurs. That would suggest at least two years (or about a year or more later than my estimate). However Lilly was answering the more general question of Will I become pregnant?

So yes it’s quite possible during this year but I would think it’s going to be late on. If it doesn’t happen this year it will happen and not long after.