book on the Rodes-Sanchez Tarot de Marsella

Kissa

Hi Rusty,

thanks for the interesting question... that I asked directly to Daniel Rodes!

And you were right, the book (written in 2001) whereas the Rodes-Sanchez Marsella was published in 2004 btw, was indeed the first book ever about the Jodo-Camoin. It was written with the permission of Ph. Camoin of course, as all ppl involved were collaborating. Later Camoin changed his mind and retracted, the book doesn't have the approval of the Heir of the Tradition...

Daniel Rodes and Encarna Sanchez are now updating their book with specific info on their deck, thus strongly advised all interested ppl to wait for the update to be published.

I still wonder why Philippe Camoin is burning all the bridges between him and the rest of the ppl who once were involved in the renewal of the Marseilles Tarot and helped it revive (sp?). Nevermind, I am so perfectly happy with my Jodo's "La Voie du Tarot" and the Tarot de Marsella deck...

Kissa

Rusty Neon

Book description, per the publisher/distributor:

Este libro es un compendio de las 78 láminas del Tarot de Marsella editado por la casa Camoin después de un trabajo de restauración que duró varios años. El contenido del mismo revela multitud de símbolos y significados que se habían ido perdiendo con el paso del tiempo y que ahora permiten ver al Tarot no como un simple juego adivinatorio sino como un libro de oro, un libro en imágenes que contiene un conocimiento iniciático, es decir, claves de un conocimiento antiguo, pero plenamente vigente y actual que pueden ser aplicadas por cualquier persona para la mejora de sus condiciones de vida y el camino que puede ayudar a sentirse más feliz y en paz consigo mismo.

Rusty Neon

Kissa said:
Daniel Rodes and Encarna Sanchez are now updating their book with specific info on their deck, thus strongly advised all interested ppl to wait for the update to be published.

Thanks for the info, Kissa. I guess I will wait then. There is very little about the deck in the LWB, except for divinatory meanings for the major arcana (not even the minor arcana). In the LWB, there's no specific info on their deck.

I received the deck today! :)

Kissa

Eagerly waiting for your opinion about this deck, Rusty!

This is my Marseilles, took the Fournier's place!

Kissa

Paul

Kissa said:

An English version, perhaps, Kissa?

Paul

Check out the authors' website: www.tarotmarsella.com

They are offering a new version of their Oro book, now illustrated with their deck and elucidating the Le Mat method. The facility of their book is that it is analyzes their deck which is very close to Camoin/Jodo's. So, the book will likely appeal to Camoin/Jodo deck owners.

Camoin was rumored to be publishing his method some day.
He appears to be doing workshops.