666 isn't the real number

Imagemaker

Did anyone else hear about this? That a fragment of text dated 100 years before any current version says the number of the beast is 616, not 666.

the real number

Imagine--entire academic, religious, and creative endeavors have been based on the wrong number!

And now what? Though it's interesting that 616 reduces to 13--Death . . .

Numerology people?

(Or should this post go in Divination?)

Indigo Rose

Very Interesting.....

The number further reduces to 4: the Emperor. If one follows the prophetic story line this seems to go along with the idea of the Anti-Christ being the dark ruler, masquerading as light, who "takes over the world".

Certainly the Emperor is the ruler of his kingdom.

I wonder what else we will discover as time marches on.
Thanks for sharing this very intriguing bit of news.

Blessings,
Indigo Rose :)

Cerulean

A trivia bit...

A game show on the radio that tells mock-trivia noted this information and jokingly someone said, "If you want to call Beezelbub (Devil), use this area code..." and the announcer indicated the city and state such an area code was in...this was in the U.S.

Of course, at the time, a controversal head-of-the-U.S. was visiting the city at the time. Residents or dignataries getting wind of this announcer's joke thought it was a personal reference to the city and the visiting U.S. head as 'the devil'.

The announcer apologized on the air the next week...although it was treated as a joke.

Ouch!

snowy25

OMG! My SO and I are having a discussion about it right now.
Thanks for bringing up the article.

Imagemaker

It was that radio show, Cerulean, that send me looking to see if this "renumbering" was a joke or not. (Love "Wait, Wait")

In that article it says that the Beast is Nero, Emperor of Rome--so the numerology of 13 (Death) further reducing to 4 (Emperor)--Death to the Emperor, which the article says was the focus of Revelations--disguised political commentary.

The significance of the tarot working with this is (as always) fascinating!

Lillie

Oddly...

666 = www!

And you cannot buy or sell without the name or the number of the name...
must have been talking about Ebay!

But if it really is 616 I'll have to change the joke

665 - The neighbour of the beast!

zorya

wow! it makes so much more sense.

on the other hand, its not the best news for those of us who hate to see the number 13 get such a bad rap, lol.

am moving this thread from the spirituality forum to divination, so it doesn't get missed by the numerologists.

Gwynne

Lillie said:
Oddly...

666 = www!

And you cannot buy or sell without the name or the number of the name...
must have been talking about Ebay!

But if it really is 616 I'll have to change the joke

665 - The neighbour of the beast!

Hmmmm.... how is 666=www ? Numerologically www=555

LOL Anyway... as Imagemaker said, Revelations is a political commentary, discussing Nero's oppression of the Christians and the fall of Rome. It was written after the fact, not as a prediction or prophecy.

Phoenix Rising

how is 666=www ?

In chaldean numerology 6=W. I think there has been misinformation about that number 666 full stop. It is the number of man and the tally of Gold, according to Ramtha="The Last Waltz of the tyrants" It represents venus to and upside down 9 represents mars. There isn't really anything wrong with that number 666, it is misunderstood!

Lillie

Gwynne said:
Hmmmm.... how is 666=www ? Numerologically www=555

Not numerology.

Gematria.

In the Hebrew system W = Vau = 6. This, of course is thesystem of kabbalah and jewish mysticism.

In greek W = digamma = 6. And greek is the language in which the revelation was written.

Soo www does, in some systems, equal 666.
which I think is funny.