Your most worn out deck

Asher

Mine would be my first copy of the Robin Wood, which is now about 11 or 12 years old. I still have it, can't bear to part with it, the cards are soft and fraying. I have a 2nd copy to use when I feel the urge for this particular deck.

This is my only deck that is anywhere near worn out.

Asher

Annabelle

For me its the Rider-Waite-Smith. The cards haven't turned "soft" yet, but they are getting a pretty worn look and feel to them.

Dwaas

One of my first decks is the Burdell Marseille which I have now for about 18 years. It became almost as soft as tissue paper :) It travelled with me all over the world, got wet in my backpack because of too much rain, coffee was spilt over it, and tea too, and Le Mat is eaten by a dog somewhere from a table in Poland so I replaced it with one of the extra white/red info cards. Just wrote Le Mat on it, and surprisingly enough this "Mat" never fails to pop up when needed! I did readings with it in tents, on campings, in grass, everywhere.
I tend to sweeten my decks by keeping them in their original boxes in nice bags in a special cupboard, with incense, etc. But this one is kept together with elastic bands from the postman en it will go with me again whenever I am fit enough again to travel. It is not my favorite deck vor daily purpose but it definitely is when I'm far away from home.

Blessings

Chronata

My Hanson Roberts is well loved...but nothing compared to my Rider Waite Smith!

It is soft, bowed like a crescent moon, and feels luxurious!
The edges are whispy and grey, and the cardstock has the aura and feel of old linen, or ancient journal papers.

Some cards are bent, others have mysterious stains on them, and still others are speckled with rain from readings done during a tornado.

I adore this deck, and feel a little thrill each time I unwrap them again to read from thier old sleepy wisdom.

(Sigh) Some decks never lose their mystique!

contrascarpe

My Robin Wood is starting to show its age, but I use so many different decks lately, that none could be termed "worn out".

Last Saturday when I was reading at the shop, I actually bent a card while shuffling to get the day started (using my Prague second edition). All these years of shuffling both tarot and playing cards, and this was the first time I ever bent a card! Of course, two seconds later I bent a second one on the same deck. I almost packed up and went home ......

Dan

SedonaMyst

I have a deck made by Hoi Poloi, Inc., that I bought when I was a teenager. It must be about 32 years old now. They resemble closely the Rider-Waite deck, and they are the first deck I owned. The cards are worn on the edges, but the pictures are still clear and colorful. I keep the deck together with a rubber band. It's amazing I still have these cards. They traveled with me from High School in Ohio, through college, and finally to Arizona where I live now. I feel a special connection to these cards, probably because I've spent so much time with them.

Woof

Welcome, SedonaMyst!

Definitely my Aquarian deck. Even though I haven't used it in over 10 years and is officially retired it did get light to fair use as my only deck from the very early 80's (or was that late '70's?) through about 2000.
Moldybread

Grizabella

For me it's the Buckland. I put it away and don't use it now, but that's the one that's the most worn. I was going to get a second one as a back-up, but discovered it's out of print and outrageously expensive so I just put the deck away and will only take it out and use it now and then.

janstar17

My most etched with tears-and-laughter deck is my first Universal Waite...it is still the deck I am most comfortable reading. And I own a couple spare UW's...one for the backpack and one for the car. The next most loved is the Morgan Greer. I think both the Morgan Greer and my first UW are more like old friends now than decks.

blackroseivy

Easily, easily, my very 1st-ever officially-mine deck: My old Aquarian. The black box finally bit the dust completely a few years ago; I now have it residing in a "treasure-chest" from "A World of Boxes", wonderful stuff they have! :D The High Priestess still bears the stains from when I dressed up as a "High Priestess" my freshman year in college - back when the deck was brand-new - & I carried the card with me. Ah, the '80's... I no longer use my Aquarian, though I have just recently been considering perhaps blowing off the dust, seeing what it can tell me after all these years...

Oh, & I can't believe what you said, Woof! ;D My only deck too, until around '98!! That was the Enchanted; then, the Sacred Circle & now a WHOLE BUNCH!!